Potential Group Buy - Aluminium enclosures - Page 17 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 31st May 2012, 09:28 PM   #161
Regnad is offline Regnad  United States
diyAudio Member

Thanks, I hope you get my symptoms x 10.
Old 31st May 2012, 09:34 PM   #162
diyAudio Member

Regnad,
is the problem in the parts of your fingers that touched the freshly machined panels (such as the internal panel)? If so then maybe you have small shards of aluminum?

If you have tingling in all your extremities (e.g. feet as well), then I can't see what would have caused that (save for some spy-level invisible compound on the case, or the wrapping newspapers), seems like a probable coincidence?

Guy
Old 31st May 2012, 09:40 PM   #163
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
Quote:
Originally Posted by Regnad View Post
Thanks, I hope you get my symptoms x 10.
I don't recall wishing that bad things happen to you so that reply was simply out of place.
and yes Americans are scared of everything, I can't recall any other nation posting so many questions like "is it ok if I do that or will I cause world destruction and die from cancer in 3 months" on miscellaneous forums.
thinking that touching something that was made in China (don't tell me that's not why you asked) can cause that is unbelievable.
sweet jesus.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_sclerosis

A person with MS can suffer almost any neurological symptom or sign, including changes in sensation such as loss of sensitivity or tingling, pricking or numbness (hypoesthesia and paresthesia)

The disease evolves and advances over decades, 30 being the mean years to death since onset.

Last edited by mr_push_pull; 31st May 2012 at 09:46 PM.
Old 31st May 2012, 09:55 PM   #164
diyAudio Member

Hey let us keep this forum and thread polite.

There is no need to apply generalized group judgments to an individual who is asking a simple question - this is offensive and makes assumptions about a person based on his location and/or nationality, or make fun of him, and neither is it acceptable to send wishes of bad things from the party who was made fun of.

These statements might be acceptable as an expression of free speech and debate when said in a general way, but they are not acceptable when applied to a particular person - wars and vendetta have started small like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_push_pull View Post
I don't recall wishing that bad things happen to you so that reply was simply out of place.
and yes Americans are scared of everything, I can't recall any other nation posting so many questions like "is it ok if I do that or will I cause world destruction and die from cancer in 3 months" on miscellaneous forums.
thinking that touching something that was made in China (don't tell me that's not why you asked) can cause that is unbelievable.
sweet jesus.

Multiple sclerosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

"A person with MS can suffer almost any neurological symptom or sign, including changes in sensation such as loss of sensitivity or tingling, pricking or numbness (hypoesthesia and paresthesia)"

"The disease evolves and advances over decades, 30 being the mean years to death since onset."

Last edited by guyv; 31st May 2012 at 09:58 PM.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:01 PM   #165
diyAudio Member

medical issues are best addressed by a doctor. period.
Old 31st May 2012, 10:45 PM   #166
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyv View Post
Hey let us keep this forum and thread polite.

There is no need to apply generalized group judgments to an individual who is asking a simple question - this is offensive and makes assumptions about a person based on his location and/or nationality, or make fun of him, and neither is it acceptable to send wishes of bad things from the party who was made fun of.

These statements might be acceptable as an expression of free speech and debate when said in a general way, but they are not acceptable when applied to a particular person - wars and vendetta have started small like that.
Well said, guyv.

Regnad, mate, the only tingling I've felt is that in my pocket as I'm about to order my NCores.
Old 31st May 2012, 11:04 PM   #167
Regnad is offline Regnad  United States
diyAudio Member

As I mentioned in my post, I am grasping at straws. The "humor me" part should show that I am very sure that this has nothing to do with it.

I am missing work, have lost smell and taste. Under doctor care, having nerve conduction tests soon. I am also aware, although I doubt it, that these can be symptoms of very bad things.

I apologize for wishing ill on the "first responder" but can you imagine what I felt when I read that? It was obviously a mistake to post about this in the first place. Thanks for those who are sympathetic.

Wow, though, on "scared Americans" and the diagnosis suggestion...

Later
Old 31st May 2012, 11:20 PM   #168
diyAudio Member

let me tell you a story.
I own a bike and do all the repairs and maintenance myself. including brake fluid change. as you may know brake fluid is toxic. and absorbed through skin. one drop once fell on my hand, I wiped it off instantly and cleaned with water. I was pretty scared and even drank milk which is known to help in poisoning cases. LOL. I even thought I started getting headaches the following days. it obviously was my imagination. getting drunk once probably does 1000x the liver damage that drop caused.
then I found that people have survived INGESTING 200 ml of brake fluid with no long term consequences. well after being in a coma for 1 week but still.
asking about a medical condition on a forum can be a bad thing because anything can look like confirmation of a hypothesis and then autosuggestion settles.

btw I still think that Americans are easily scared compared to other nations with the FDA and the terrorists and everything.

Last edited by mr_push_pull; 31st May 2012 at 11:25 PM.
Old 1st June 2012, 07:04 AM   #169
diyAudio Member

Get well soon Regnad!
Old 5th June 2012, 03:34 AM   #170
diyAudio Member

RE2207 with nCore logo on the frontpanel
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nCore-RE2207.jpg (147.6 KB, 155 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!