Potential Group Buy - Aluminium enclosures - Page 13 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 2nd May 2012, 02:26 PM   #121
jtktam is offline jtktam  Canada
diyAudio Member

can we get the missing panels shipped to one member and then we can get it from them?

-joe
Old 2nd May 2012, 03:01 PM   #122
diyAudio Member

Send a message via Yahoo to mr_push_pull
guys, don't count me in, I don't care about the vertical panel.
Old 2nd May 2012, 10:14 PM   #123
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtktam View Post
can we get the missing panels shipped to one member and then we can get it from them?

-joe
It's an option. I'll discuss this with SR.
If any of the GB members are planning on placing another order with SR soon-ish, please let me know.
Old 2nd May 2012, 11:05 PM   #124
diyAudio Member

For the record: I don't need the vertical panel.
Guy
Old 3rd May 2012, 04:25 PM   #125
diyAudio Member

In order to place it out of the way, I am thinking of placing the SMPS600 on one side. Attaching the 140mmx85mm PS directly to the side would not leave enough of a safety gap at each end, because of the bulge of the corner pieces. Also the PS is designed to be attached from the bottom, not via through screws.

So I would attach the Power Supply to a 154mmx85mm rectangular piece of aluminum (cut from the supplied internal panel) and attach the whole assembly to one side of the enclosure using the existing 4 corner screws.

In order to go through that extra aluminum sheet, I would then need longer screws to replace 4 of the corner-piece screws. Question: what is the thread spec, is it metric?

Thanks,
Guy
Old 4th May 2012, 12:55 AM   #126
diyAudio Member

I did a 3D modeling found that RE2207L may be another good option for nCore. Tested 2 configuration: nC400 x2 + SMPS1200 and NC400x2 + SMPS600 x 2, both have enough rooms.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NC400-SMPS600.jpg (78.0 KB, 234 views)
File Type: jpg NC400-SMPS1200.jpg (78.4 KB, 226 views)
Old 4th May 2012, 08:58 AM   #127
diyAudio Member

Let's all welcome SR to the NCore craze... ;p
RE2207L seems fine but it's too generic looking for my taste but it's a good affordable choice.
For something more... exquisite I would consider an enclosure along the lines of the enclosure we made for this GB or a variation of the RE2417WH (without the heatsink).

Guy, hope someone who has received the enclosure or SR can comment on the thread spec. It should be metric. M3 or M4 most probably but can't tell from the pics.

Last edited by TheShaman; 4th May 2012 at 09:02 AM.
Old 4th May 2012, 10:15 AM   #128
diyAudio Member

hmmm, it's really need to be crazy to buy that small round board at hundreds of Euro although I know it's excellent and worth that money.

Accordong to the spec it has no IC. I'm just courious how can hypex make a class-D with discrete components??
Old 4th May 2012, 04:53 PM   #129
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconray View Post
hmmm, it's really need to be crazy to buy that small round board at hundreds of Euro although I know it's excellent and worth that money.

Accordong to the spec it has no IC. I'm just courious how can hypex make a class-D with discrete components??
That proprietary discrete design happens to be the best Class D amp out there and one that very favorably compares to the best power amps out there. That's why those small round boards cost that much.
Old 5th May 2012, 05:38 AM   #130
diyAudio Member

do you have a small enclosure for a monoblock setup? i am looking for the smallest possible.

Hide this!Advertise here!