• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Potential Group Buy - Aluminium enclosures

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
x2

nah dont need it enough to request that and timing is still terrible. ive way over committed to DIY in the last 24 months, i'm putting up a thread with spares and projects that arent getting the love they deserve tonight actually in order to finish projects to my satisfaction rather than making concessions. better than having some projects that are part way utter overkill and part way just enough to do the job

how about i trade with you.. :)

-joe

hehe 3 messages and I havent even put up a thread yet. let me think on that, its a big thread i'm part way through descriptions and gotta get some pics together, gotta crash i'll put it up tonight. not oodles of stuff like i've seen here from shops or people been in the hobby for decades, but enough, but quite a variety of different things. i'll send you a PM

Update

Current Status.

Attachments

• Current Status_19April.JPG
    Current Status_19April.JPG
    35.1 KB · Views: 285
a tip: the tracking link TheShaman sent seems to not show the most updated info, mine is still in Beijing according to it. but if you click "Item Trasking" on the left panel (http://intmail.183.com.cn/item/trace/itemTrace.jsp) updated info with history is shown.
mine reached Bucharest this Wednesday. and the Romanian post tracking page shows it as "notification sent to recipient" so it looks like I can already pick it on Monday. good job Siliconray, normally packages from China reach me in 4-5 weeks.

PS: translating from Chinese with Google Translate is real fun, just found that "interoperability" is just one letter in Chinese. it's almost incredible that people manage to learn that :)

Last edited:
@siliconray - please let me know when you'll be emailing a link to the tracking info for my order.

I do have to say that I'm surprised that, despite being assured by you via the GB organiser that the flat rate shipping would apply to orders to NZ- which was a major reason for getting in on this GB- somehow it no longer applies to my order, and furthermore I've yet to receive any shipping info from you.

Can you please clarify for me why flat rate shipping has ceased to be flat rate shipping?

I'll look forward to your email.

I received the two enclosures tonight. They look gorgeous. I have not assembled them yet.

I received one horizontal internal panel for each enclosure, but only 8 brackets per enclosure (16 total), so I am wondering how to attach the horizontal panel if I decide to use it.
Also there is no vertical internal panel, did that drop of the spec at some point? This is the one I could possibly have used.

Basically I received what is in the pictures of post #94.

Not a big issue but the question is: was it expected to miss 4 extra brackets and a vertical panel that were on the original list (2cm was added in each dimension):
1 x RE3222-style (200x200x120) enclosure
1 x Horizontal Internal Panel, 3mm thick
1 x Vertical Internal Panel, 3mm thick
4 x extra brackets (like the ones shown in the internal pics) for mounting either of the internal panels
All hex screws etc. required.

These enclosures are an incredible value, thanks TheShaman for the great group buy!
Guy

There should be a vertical panel in there as well. :(

4 brackets per enclosure is normal.
They're used to mount either the horizontal or the vertical panel, so they should be enough. ;)

Glad you like them. I still haven't received mine but it's a big package and I think they're stuck in customs.

I don't see a vertical panel, but I don't need one.

I am overjoyed with what I got - the contrast with the two enclosures I used for my 6 UcDs couldn't be greater. This is sturdy, massive, hardware and the outside finish is gorgeous, reminding me of my Beomaster 1200 (slide-rule style) from when I was in college (kept it as an art piece and memorabilia, 40 years ago? Can't be!).

There is a neat open vertical 90mm space between the brackets on each side, so I will place the three 88mm NC400 on three sides aluminum on aluminum (aluminium-british spelling), the PS on the bottom, and the back side will hold the three XLR input connectors and the three sets of speaker connectors.

I will keep the power supply wiring near the bottom and the signal wires near the top - going from the three NC400 sides to the connector side. I am thinking of placing the AC socket with rocker switch and fuse either under the signal connectors or more probably on one side because the back will already be overcrowded.

Not sure yet if I can have a mute switch and led in the front, there was some discussion on the led which I need to re-read, but I don't know if the nAMPON wires of all three NC400 can be joined.

I am assuming that there is no need for ventilation since the whole case will conduct heat to the outside air? That would keep the inside free of dust and insects for a change.

Guy

An alternative is to place the XLR and speaker connectors on the side of each NC400, the internal wiring would be ideal but the outside would not look so good... so I think I won't do that.

I don't see a vertical panel, but I don't need one.

I am overjoyed with what I got - the contrast with the two enclosures I used for my 6 UcDs couldn't be greater. This is sturdy, massive, hardware and the outside finish is gorgeous, reminding me of my Beomaster 1200 (slide-rule style) from when I was in college (kept it as an art piece and memorabilia, 40 years ago? Can't be!).

There is a neat open vertical 90mm space between the brackets on each side, so I will place the three 88mm NC400 on three sides aluminum on aluminum (aluminium-british spelling), the PS on the bottom, and the back side will hold the three XLR input connectors and the three sets of speaker connectors.

I will keep the power supply wiring near the bottom and the signal wires near the top - going from the three NC400 sides to the connector side. I am thinking of placing the AC socket with rocker switch and fuse either under the signal connectors or more probably on one side because the back will already be overcrowded.

Not sure yet if I can have a mute switch and led in the front, there was some discussion on the led which I need to re-read, but I don't know if the nAMPON wires of all three NC400 can be joined.

I am assuming that there is no need for ventilation since the whole case will conduct heat to the outside air? That would keep the inside free of dust and insects for a change.

Guy

I'm happy that you like the enclosures guys.
Makes me even more eager to receive mine (which are probably stuck @ customs... :( ).

Tommy is the only one who hasn't paid the second installment so, Tom, if you're reading this, please do so as soon as possible.
Your enclosures are waiting. ;)

Regarding the vertical panel, I'm afraid people @ SR somehow didn't realize we wanted both.
They promised to manufacture the missing vertical panels so that anyone who participated in the GB and wants them can get them. Still, since it won't be cost efficient to ship just the panels they are willing to combine the shipping with any other order you might want to place with them.
Please contact SR directly if you're interested.

I'll probably order a couple of enclosures in the near future, so hopefully I'll get my vertical panels as well.

Guy, you shouldn't have any issues with ventilation but you're going with three modules per enclosure so let us know.
I'm going to upgrade to 3 channels at a later stage and planning to go with a trial and error approach...
If they get too hot I'll just have to open some holes or grills on the top and bottom panels (preferably at a local CNC) but I too would rather get away without the added expense (and dust!). :D

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.