Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd February 2012, 06:41 AM   #11
diyAudio Member

Sorry No 12V...

Now the SMPS module is available for order Here

Last edited by siliconray; 23rd February 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Old 21st March 2012, 07:21 AM   #12
diyAudio Member

Some user reviews would be very helpful... How does it sound compare to traditional PT? Many old SMPS had bad rep for being noisy (EMI), etc. Is this one quiet?
Old 24th March 2012, 04:40 PM   #13
diyAudio Member

This module is underspecified on the web page. Is there a comprehensive spec sheet?

What's the total power for this module? Can I use all the outputs at full power? If I add up all the outputs I get 115W.

How much ripple and noise on the outputs?

What type of control is used? is it variable frequency?

What is the actual efficiency?

What's the maximum capacative load? Can it drive an inductive load?

Thanks,

Michael

Last edited by Michael Koster; 24th March 2012 at 04:43 PM.
Old 15th April 2012, 02:27 AM   #14
diyAudio Member

This is a Class 1 PSU per UL1012...if it's not UL approved and you're selling it in the States...eek. Is it double-isolated (if there's no ground) as mandated by EU law?
Old 11th April 2014, 10:38 AM   #15
jbefumo is offline jbefumo  United States
diyAudio Member

I'm on the verge of going 'production' on a compact tube combo amplifier for guitar, and your #1493 RTP-15 looks almost perfect.

This is a 12W unit with a remarkably powerful 8" speaker and 2XEL34 turning out about 40W max in a cathode-biased Push-pull topology.

Input will be 115/120V 60Hz.

Preamp tubes in this model consist of a single 12DW7 and one EF86.

While the 280V is a bit lower than what I would like, I could deal with that, and the 300mA seems adequate, so my first question regards how that translates to your stated output power of "15Wx2 (PP)"? My prototype uses an Edcor transformer that's only rated at 180mA, albeit at higher voltages, and that's adequate.

So, questions are 1. Will this work for my application as is? (Have yet to do all the relevant math.)

2. Any possibility of getting something with a bit higher output voltage? I know there are lots of units out there that deliver 360V, but that filament output on yours is a real bonus!

Thanks.

Joe

P.S. -- the Inquiry form on your website does not display the security code in either Firefox or Chrome.

Hide this!Advertise here!