• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Hey Ray...What's Up??

There seems to be Bunch of us who have made Orders back at the end of Nov. and the Beginning of Dec... And, we have not received Them Yet...Other people have said that their orders from China have arrived in 2 Weeks. So have the most of Mine...That would be Items from Arjen Helder, and Sure...So, where are Yours?

Hi Sled

The tube amp kit was shipped by surface shipping, it takes 1.5 to 2 months or even more to arrive.

for light packages such as JLH board, it's shipped by airmail, usually takes 2 week to USA.

If you order is tube amp kit you have to be patient for a few days. Somebody has already received the package shipped by the end of Novenber or the beginning of Dec. They had already began to solder it. I'm busy in reply emails regarding questions about the tube amp these days.

Sorry for the slow shipping, but it's the cheapest I can find. A few customers got the amp kit in 5 days, but they paid almost $100 extra mony as express shipping cost.

Last edited:
I ordered the amp to Mike (Siliconray) in mid-November 2011.
After a long wait, finally received the package on January 13, 2012.
Unfortunately it seems my package was opened by the customs, and not closed properly.
One tube rupture. But after reporting to Mike, he immediately sent a replacement tube the next day via airmail.
I think Mike is a good seller. He responded quickly and understand that I am looking for the cheapest solution for shipping (though I'm a bit wary as well while waiting for the package). I've never waited more than a month for a single package.

I hope, your package will arrive shortly. Like mine...

Hi Neob

Really sorry for the troubles. I hope the costom of other customers could be kinder to keep the package in original condition. If any problem in building the amp please feel free to ask. You are also welcomed to post your experiences of building amp to share with others. Thanks again

Hi Neob

did you receive the tubes? how's your tube amp projects going

Hi,

My friend's amplifier is functioning properly.
But he needed more power.

I give up to make my own amplifier. This is my first point to point soldering project. Just realized that it is much more complicated than using a PCB.
I ask my friend to build it for me while waiting for the tube that you send.
I have not received your tube package.

I'll let you know if my amplifier is assembled.

The CHinese New Year make everything take a long break.

Some guru said point to point soldering is better than PCB. Who knows, I can't find the difference indeed.

If you are looking for a high power amp, FU-50 is a nice choice. A customer in Sigapore said our FU-50 kit sounds better than his $1200 amp.

Picture:
e33aefe7.jpg

b6e93eaa.jpg

The sound was a little rough when new lit.
Medium and high frequency was too forward.

Now it's switched on for + / - 10 hours. It's getting better.
I started to like it. But still too forward for me.

Amplifier is pretty hot. My work desk area becomes quite warm.

My 6P3P

It's my work..
Can't say it's a great amplifier, but I like it very much. it's my first DIY point solder tube amplifier. The sound is fairly good on the full range after 1 days burning except there's noticable hums. I believe it's not SR's fault. My friend also bought one. His amp is very clear. My wiring is rough-and-tumble as you can see in the inside photo. As a newbie without point soldering experiences I have no rules to follow when assemblying. I think I have to re-wiring it when I have time. Hope SR can provide some reference wiring of inside, it's really important for beginners like me.

Attachments

• DSCN9168.JPG
    DSCN9168.JPG
    104.5 KB · Views: 181
  • DSCN9169.jpg
    DSCN9169.jpg
    141.6 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN9170.JPG
    DSCN9170.JPG
    133 KB · Views: 176
I keep hesitating, but am almost positive this is the one I want to construct. Its a very good price, and I think I will get it right a lot easier than some others.

I don't for one moment believe is really is a 7.5wpc amplifier. I'm talking about May 3, 1974, the Amplifier Rule CFR 16 Part 432, where we use the 'Continuous RMS(RootMeanSquare)' measurement. Its probably not up to IEC standards, because everyone wants to have an amplifier with higher output rating, so there is always that temptation to use a 'fudge factor'.

So, Its probably somewhere around 4.5-5wpc in reality. With very efficient speakers, that will be more than enough to get the job done.

I really couldn't make up my mind about this one, or the 6n9p+EL34B SE , but it suddenly went up in price yesterday.

I expect to order this one by this evening. There's enough documentation to back it up.

Thanks Ray.

Check these out to get an Idea of how the Wiring should Look...
Tom McNally's Amps
Any idea where I can get more info on Tom Mcnally's amps ? I just bought one from Usaudiomasrt its a

Tom Mcnally EL84 SE Tube Power Amp (Edcor), the seller does not have any info and I cant find anything on the web. Your help would be very much appreciated. Thanks Regards