Hey Ray...What's Up?? - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 16th January 2012, 02:21 AM   #1
sled108 is offline sled108  United States
diyAudio Member

Default Hey Ray...What's Up??

There seems to be Bunch of us who have made Orders back at the end of Nov. and the Beginning of Dec... And, we have not received Them Yet...Other people have said that their orders from China have arrived in 2 Weeks. So have the most of Mine...That would be Items from Arjen Helder, and Sure...So, where are Yours?
Old 16th January 2012, 02:45 AM   #2
diyAudio Member

Hi Sled

The tube amp kit was shipped by surface shipping, it takes 1.5 to 2 months or even more to arrive.

for light packages such as JLH board, it's shipped by airmail, usually takes 2 week to USA.

If you order is tube amp kit you have to be patient for a few days. Somebody has already received the package shipped by the end of Novenber or the beginning of Dec. They had already began to solder it. I'm busy in reply emails regarding questions about the tube amp these days.

Sorry for the slow shipping, but it's the cheapest I can find. A few customers got the amp kit in 5 days, but they paid almost $100 extra mony as express shipping cost.

Last edited by siliconray; 16th January 2012 at 02:48 AM.
Old 16th January 2012, 02:57 AM   #3
diyAudio Member

BTW, Chinese New Year is coming, the businesses of the whole nation is hanged up..Can't ship anything before 1th March. Feel free to place orders during this time, we'll ship once the holiday is over. Really hate the style of the holiday, too much troubles in business.
Old 16th January 2012, 04:51 AM   #4
sled108 is offline sled108  United States
diyAudio Member

Sure Enough Ray...I was just wondering if Anyone else has received a Kit Yet...Just to Know what I had to Look forward to..
Old 17th January 2012, 03:48 PM   #5
neob is offline neob  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

I ordered the amp to Mike (Siliconray) in mid-November 2011.
After a long wait, finally received the package on January 13, 2012.
Unfortunately it seems my package was opened by the customs, and not closed properly.
One tube rupture. But after reporting to Mike, he immediately sent a replacement tube the next day via airmail.
I think Mike is a good seller. He responded quickly and understand that I am looking for the cheapest solution for shipping (though I'm a bit wary as well while waiting for the package). I've never waited more than a month for a single package.

I hope, your package will arrive shortly. Like mine...
Old 17th January 2012, 11:36 PM   #6
diyAudio Member

Hi Neob

Really sorry for the troubles. I hope the costom of other customers could be kinder to keep the package in original condition. If any problem in building the amp please feel free to ask. You are also welcomed to post your experiences of building amp to share with others. Thanks again
Old 31st January 2012, 08:09 AM   #7
diyAudio Member

Hi Neob

did you receive the tubes? how's your tube amp projects going
Old 31st January 2012, 03:48 PM   #8
neob is offline neob  Indonesia
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconray View Post
Hi Neob

did you receive the tubes? how's your tube amp projects going
Hi,

My friend's amplifier is functioning properly.
But he needed more power.

I give up to make my own amplifier. This is my first point to point soldering project. Just realized that it is much more complicated than using a PCB.
I ask my friend to build it for me while waiting for the tube that you send.
I have not received your tube package.

I'll let you know if my amplifier is assembled.
Old 1st February 2012, 01:09 AM   #9
diyAudio Member

The CHinese New Year make everything take a long break.

Some guru said point to point soldering is better than PCB. Who knows, I can't find the difference indeed.

If you are looking for a high power amp, FU-50 is a nice choice. A customer in Sigapore said our FU-50 kit sounds better than his $1200 amp.
Old 6th February 2012, 07:59 PM   #10
diyAudio Member

I purchased a kit back on Dec 1st - still waiting .... 2 months + is a long time. Seems you could do better on shipping.

Cheers,
Bob

Hide this!Advertise here!