★★Free JLH Hifi Headphone Amp PCB, 0.008% THD★★ - Page 5 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 17th August 2012, 10:53 PM   #41
Salas is offline Salas  Greece
diyAudio Chief Moderator

Try pf range caps across C,B of the output BJTs to slow them down, or one across the 2K7 resistor. Making the input filter more drastic by raising its cap (C2) some times is a solution also. Start in the hundreds pf and see how it goes. Those suggestions come from general amps compensation practice bodging. Watching the scope and having some ceramics handy may do the trick.
Old 18th August 2012, 04:05 AM   #42
diyAudio Member

can you post a photo? is the transistor isolated from the heatsink?
Old 18th August 2012, 05:13 AM   #43
vgeorge is offline vgeorge  Greece
diyAudio Member

What Salas said. Also try reduce the bias a bit and you may get rid of oscillation.
Old 18th August 2012, 10:13 PM   #44
RS232 is offline RS232  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Will give it go but you guys know...
I´m on vacatiom and sun, beer and beach have prioraty
Will report back on Monday

Ric
Old 25th August 2012, 06:32 PM   #45
RS232 is offline RS232  United Kingdom
diyAudio Member

Sorry for the late response
I was on vacation and just after my last post my laptop died on me.
Got home yesterday only to find out my desktop is dead to...
Got a new laptop now I just need to get my stuff from my old laptop and desktop.
Will report back as soon as possible.

Ric
Old 8th October 2013, 09:16 PM   #46
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by siliconray View Post
Keep on offering free audio PCBs..

Free JLH Headphone Amplifier Boards

This board is following JLH2005 design. Transistors used are: BC550, BC560 and MJE3055. Works excellent for 32, 120, 300 and 600 Ohm headphones. The THD is only 0.008%. Feel free to get 2 now, happy listenning!

Click the image to open in full size.

Hi silicon ray
Received the JLH Headphone pcbs today UK
Thank you very much
Is this the latest schematic you are at as I see some components changes to the original Geoff Moss Schematic I posted on here some time ago any updates to this Headphone amp would be appreciated pleas thanks
Old 8th October 2013, 11:14 PM   #47
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Hi Colin, it will be nice to hear your opinion of this amp when you get it working. I'm currently using a dual chip C moy which is pretty decent but i'm always on the lookout for a good low noise discreet design.
Old 9th October 2013, 03:08 AM   #48
diyAudio Member

HI Davy
Which cloud are you living under? Not the big tartan one is it thats comming my way
Very good of silicon ray to put the boards up for the members

my build my take a little time as I have a valve amp too finish and some other pre amps on the go
But having heard its big brother running speakers this little fellow should have no problems with some good cans hooked up to it The JLH amps do have a big following on here and the world wide web
Old 9th October 2013, 01:18 PM   #49
davym is offline davym  Scotland
diyAudio Member

A tartan cloud would make a interesting change to the black versions I am accustomed to

I tried to look up the associated power supply silicon ray has on his site but the link does not seem to work. Maybe the capacitor suppliers could not keep up with demand

I also looked for info on postage costs to the UK but could not find anything, I wonder how much the complete kit's would cost including p&p.
Old 9th October 2013, 05:58 PM   #50
diyAudio Member

HI Davy
Yep I have seen that psu here’s another one available on eBay

68pcs 80V150UF matrix Power supply kit for L20 L15D L20D L25D Power amp board | eBay
[pt=US_Amplifier_Parts_Components&hash=item1c25cc03 ad]68pcs 80V150UF matrix Power supply kit for L20 L15D L20D L25D Power amp board | eBay[/url]

Also if you want the same psu as I am planning to build for this amp here’s the schematic
the new link to the class an amp site and the speaker version plus the other headphone amp and psus is here The Class-A Amplifier Site
Attached Images
File Type: gif JLH-HPhoneAmp-PSU.gif (11.6 KB, 179 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!