• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

★★ Free PCB for JLH 2005 Class-A Amplifier

Negative rail in output

folks, Can you please help me out here. This is my second diy project and struggling to get this to work. I am using the silicon ray 2005 jlh board with their PSU, i am measuring negative 26 volts on my output.
I am using MJ15003 for output, BD139/140 and BC560
replaced all the transistors one full round with no results. Any help will be much appreciated.

Hi,
so finally I've assembled my very first amplifier, and my very first JLH amplifier. After putting it all together in a chassis I've figured that the left channel is louder than the other. I assumed it could be corrected with VR2, but nothing changed.
As a background, I might have used some transistors from a different batch on the second board.
Is it possible to adjust the board from the VRs, or should I resolder all transistors to be from the same batch?

thanks

The gain is determined by the feedback network so I think the HFE of transistors won't affect it very much. I think haiduc32 should check the soldering first. For example, the fault soldering parts at the input stage will affect the loudness.

VR2 is used to adjust the 0 point, don't adjust it when it's balanced!

hi,
just wanted to drop by and say that I finally got my amp working. in my last post I said that one channel is louder than the other, after re-soldering some transistors and a new pair of capacitors nothing changed so I switched the channels and got the same results, conclusion: the pair of speakers that I used for tests were buggy. put it on my 8ohm tannoy and everything sounds wonderful.
here's a pic. thnx to to all who helped a noob like me get into diy audio.
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.