Go Back   Home > Forums > Commercial Sector > Vendor Forums > Siliconray Online Electronics Store

Siliconray Online Electronics Store Amplifier boards, HiFi components, tubes and all kinds of electronics for the DIYer from Siliconray

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 23rd May 2013, 12:44 PM   #131
6n1 is offline 6n1  Spain
diyAudio Member

Hi Bob , thanks for your answer . Which Russian sellers did you bought your components ? With regards Paul
Old 17th June 2013, 07:32 AM   #132
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 6n1 View Post
Hi Bob , thanks for your answer . Which Russian sellers did you bought your components ? With regards Paul
Hi all, I am a new member, come from VietNam. Pls advise where to purchase all component for DYI above tube amplifier. Thanks for your help.
Huy- therains46@gmail.com
Old 17th June 2013, 02:45 PM   #133
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pham ngo chuy View Post
Hi all, I am a new member, come from VietNam. Pls advise where to purchase all component for DYI above tube amplifier. Thanks for your help.
Huy- therains46@gmail.com
Low Price 6P3P Single Ended Tube Amplifier Kit SRK-02 - Boards | Kits | Components | Modules | Tools
Old 21st July 2013, 11:38 PM   #134
diyAudio Member

Hello guys I'm thinking of buying this kit. I was wondering if in addition to the wiring diagram is a diagram on how to put the cables. Then if you advise me to replace with EL34 or KT66?
have you noticed leakage current on the chassis? worries me a little...
Old 23rd August 2013, 11:53 AM   #135
diyAudio Member

So my 6P3P kit arrived this week and when I opened it I found that a majority of the parts were damaged to some extent during shipping. When you pay $120 for shipping you'd expect some type of guarantee on the kit but this is not really the case. Siliconray offered to replace a transformer but I'd have to pay another $35 in shipping fees. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace preferably in the US that I could buy a better transformer affordably?

Need to replace a: 3.5k to 8Ohm and 4Ohm OP transformer

Click the image to open in full size.
Old 23rd August 2013, 12:50 PM   #136
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sealkojac View Post
So my 6P3P kit arrived this week and when I opened it I found that a majority of the parts were damaged to some extent during shipping. When you pay $120 for shipping you'd expect some type of guarantee on the kit but this is not really the case. Siliconray offered to replace a transformer but I'd have to pay another $35 in shipping fees. Does anyone have a recommendation for someplace preferably in the US that I could buy a better transformer affordably?

Need to replace a: 3.5k to 8Ohm and 4Ohm OP transformer

Click the image to open in full size.
Edcor GXSE series go for the 10 watt version as they are very close in size to those (and sound better). You could use the 2.5K or the 5K either will work with those output tubes, but the 5K version should be a better match. These OT sound pretty good for the price. Downside is you order and have to wait for them to be built for you.. just what you wanted to hear after waiting for a banged up kit, but it will be worth the wait. Those bent bell ends can probably be fixed but they are not bolted on so you have to bend the tabs to get the bell ends off to bend them back. I'd order the Edcors above and bend the tabs on the ones you have good enough to get then installed and running then swap out when you get the edcors. Test the OTs first to be sure there's not shorts tho before putting B+ to them. If you dont want to test them be ready to unplug power - if there's a short it will start to smoke pretty quick. Likely they're ok just look like crap. I'd build the amp and replace the OTs with the Edcors and you'll have a decent sounding amp there. The Edcor OTs may night line up with the holes already punched in the chassis but you should be able to drill a few holes to get them to fit. Check the sizes of the Edcor to what you have in hand they should be close enough to get them to work. I've used the GXSE OT's (listening to them now) and they are very good, specially for the $$.

Link: EDCOR - GXSE10-8-5K

Cheers,
Bob
Old 23rd August 2013, 01:33 PM   #137
diyAudio Member

Thanks for the recommendation Bob, I figured there would be better options without having to roll the dice again on international shipping..
Old 27th August 2013, 07:16 AM   #138
max29 is offline max29  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

Might be a good idea to check the vdc on your powerlines.

Here in new eu-rope they kick all old 220vdc transformer audio out by having 231 to 237 vdc on the powerlines.
In the morning I measure 231 and later in the day goes up to 236-237vdc.

In trying to investigate came to know that big companies have the Eu-Brussels to raise the vdc so people hot up their audio, older machinery a.s.o. too much so destroying it. (.. really hate the eu..it kills a lot..)

Siliconray can provide a 240vdc transformer as well.
Old 27th August 2013, 07:39 AM   #139
diyAudio Member

At a friend's house the other day, I measured 247v.
Old 27th August 2013, 04:55 PM   #140
max29 is offline max29  Netherlands
diyAudio Member

If an older tube amp or others on 220vdc you can use a bucking trafo.

Take a 15 or ...vdc trafo f.e. (printer ..scanner.. phone ...loader ..a.s.o..) peel off the black cover and connect in phase opposition in series with the 220vdc

That extra transformer: its primary to the mains and secondary in anti-phase with the primary of the transformer to tube amp

Last edited by max29; 27th August 2013 at 04:58 PM.

Hide this!Advertise here!