• Disclaimer: This Vendor's Forum is a paid-for commercial area. Unlike the rest of diyAudio, the Vendor has complete control of what may or may not be posted in this forum. If you wish to discuss technical matters outside the bounds of what is permitted by the Vendor, please use the non-commercial areas of diyAudio to do so.

Universal power supply board for audio amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hell all
This is a beautiful looking, well designed and built universal power supply board for audio power amplifiers. It has on board bridge rectifier, large filter capacitors and speak protecting circuit. Ideal to be used for any amplifers powered by less than +-50V.

Features
- 1.6mm double side PCB with 2oZ copper
-
35A/200V bridge rectifier with heatsink
- 6 x 100uF/50V top grade NOVER electrolytic capacitor as premiary filter
- ELNA electrolytic capacitor as secondary filter
- uPC1237 speaker protecting circuit
- No seperated power supply needed for the protecting circuit
- Suited for any type amplifier (OCL/BTL/OTL/Class-D)
- Max current: 10A
- Voltage: Dual AC15V to 35V
- Dimension: 145mm x 95mm x 60mm

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

wow, look nice, what is it comprised of ? I'm curently searching for power supply circuit that comprise of protection for main supply "madness" which when ittermitent sparks, such as when switching fluorescent light.
Previously it was only creating noise, but few days ago it fry one of my amplifier component....

I have no idea what this is called, but i found such description :
Power-line voltage normally consists of a broad spectrum of harmonics and noise in addition to the pure 60 Hz sine wave. The noise is created by power supplies in electronic
equipment, fluorescent lights, light dimmers, and intermittent or sparking loads such as switches, relays, or brush type motors (blenders, vacuum cleaners, etc.). The drawing at right
shows how sudden changes in load current caused by an ordinary phase-control light dimmer generate high-frequency power line noise. At high frequencies, a building's power wiring behaves like a system of mis-terminated transmission lines gone berserk, reflecting high frequency energy back and forth throughout the building’s wiring until it is eventually absorbed or radiated

Hi guitar

This power supply board can't stop the shocks on power line. You need a power line filter, or cleaner, usually composed of a group of LC filters.

Some inductance load on the power line (such as large motor) really generate terrible shock when turn on and off.

Attachments

• 364.jpeg
    364.jpeg
    127.7 KB · Views: 895
hm... i thought of that, but i'm also implies one of this in main supply, so i don't think it will degrade much, maybe will provide less main voltage.

I have roughly planned out one in the attachment. It can continues operate quite smooth ranging ripple of "100V~1k" to "1000V~100k", should be quite immune.
But the main supply of 240V p-p become into 210V p-p, i think still could be improve. Will try to remove that resistor. But reducing inductor to 1H will further increase the supply, to about 230V p-p.
Most of the ripple/surge will mostly absorb by inductor, other 2 components are for further smoothen. (I guess is a bit waste ?)

Single series Inductor of 0.5H also give good result at very high frequency. but rather poor smoothing at 1k ripple. About what frequency will the noise introduce at my situation ?
Will try out CLC type too...

Attachments

• SM supressor.jpg
    SM supressor.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 807
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.