Parts in Delhi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Having recently relocated to Delhi, I've been searching the forums for tips on where to scout around for bits and pieces.

I followed a tip on here and scouted Lajpat Rai market -- a fascinating place, but makes me tip my hat off to Indian diyers, who are certainly not spoiled for choice when it comes to even the most basic parts.

Managed to find some PCB terminals, blank PCB's, solder wick, Pune-made Vishay resistors and an SLA battery though...

Also visited Nehru Place, though that seems to be just computer parts. Quite expensive too.

Wondering if any Indian diyers there are any other locations worth scouting, and also where is the place where I could find metal workers with CNC machines and such -- for making custom chassis parts and a turntable bearing???
Any any tips on jewellers who could make silver wire???

As far as I remember lajpat rai market is the only place where you have some choice regarding the components. If you have time, please visit this place:

ENbee India
62, Shankar Market
connaught circus
New Delhi 110001
phone: 23413015, 23413284, 23413768

They are a small firm and make their own amps, tape decks , tuners and speakers. The speakers are custom made and of very good quality. They are quite cheap compared to commercial brands. Their amps are also very good. I don't remember the owner's name but they will be able to guide you on getting good quality parts. You could also order chassis, transformers and drivers from them.

hope this helps.
Dinesh

dine1967 said:
I don't remember the owner's name but they will be able to guide you on getting good quality parts. You could also order chassis, transformers and drivers from them.
hope this helps.
Dinesh

The name of the owner of ENBEE India is Mr.NISHI NAKRA, and currently her daughter Meenakshi Nakra runs the business along with him....

ashok said:
Do you remember who sold the Vishay resistors and how much did they cost ?
Ashok.

Vishay resistors are sold by Kapoor Electronics in Lajpatrai market......Shop number is 204...

regards,
K a nw a r

Workhorse said:

Vishay resistors are sold by Kapoor Electronics in Lajpatrai market......Shop number is 204...

regards,
K a nw a r

The place I found seemed to have a bigger stock than Kapoor, though not sure. Can't remember the exact address.
But basically, if you are in the main area of Lajpat Rai, head west (slightly uphill, in the direction away from the red fort) and you get to a more open area with shacks where invertor parts and some batteries are being sold. Cross the road and head up a small road (with walls on both sides) in the direction of the market area that sell bulbs and wires. After 20 metres or so, take the first (or maybe second) left down a dead end alley. There is a vishay shop there with lots of 1/4 1/2 and 1 watt carbon and metal film resistors made in Pune.
Nothing fancy, and certainly no S102's.... :bawling:

They were cheap - like 15 paisa each or something, minumum order 100 pcs. (15 rupees).

enclosed is a rough map.

The SLA battery I got is original but used Japanese, pulled from a UPS. 12v, 18ah, only cost 300rs, and it charges and works fine for now. Around same price as a new 7ah, most of which look awful quality.

Still searching for a metalwork area, CNC machinist....
:)

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 189
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.