help: My projector sucks!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Ive been working on a projector using a 2 inch lcd panel and an LOA. i tried to make a reflector around the LOA to get all the light and 3 fresnels to get as much light to the 2 inch panel as possible. however, these efforts have failed, and so far the best picture I can get is just with the LOA against the panel--and then the image is very dim (a fresnel and a tv yeld a much britter image). does anyone have any advice on getting this setup to work?

Lights of america lights are florscuent bulbs that put out lots of lumens but in a very diffuse manner. It is not ideal for projection although some people have managed to get them to work. It would be much easier to help you if you had a diagram showing how your projector is setup. Three fresnels does sound like it is too many for your setup.

here is a quick sketch. I tyied it with and without fresnels, I could not notice a differnce with them.

Attachments

• untitled.jpg
    untitled.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 293
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.