Philips CD304 Need pin-out digital-out

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi People,

First I personaly thank you for any information given.

I use an external DAC Denon DA-500. As for the mechanical part in my privated setup stands an Philips CD850 with digital-out in Coaxial and Optical.

Lately I bought an CD304 cause of the nice CDM1 mechanics.

Issue that now is started:

I need to Know where to locate the digital out so that I can solder from there with good parts an Coaxial terminal on the backside.

Who would be so kind to help me out with this issue.

The pickture here is the digital board as far as my information has reached. Now the analoge cabels inclu headphones and volume adjustments + power cabels are found. But what is that lonely coaxial cable is doing by Saa70010 if my memory is correct.

Anyway..HELP!!

Regard

Patrick.:bawling:

Attachments

• dsc00594.jpg
    dsc00594.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 506
Does the 308 have an optical out ?

the 104 service manual shows that the dac board and your photo is all but identical..

so chip saa7020 pin 37 labeled DAEC feeds saa7000 which out put DRFC and DLFCto the saa7030 feeding a pair of tda1540's....

so if you take the out put on pin 37 as the dig signal and the digital ground as pin 38.

on your pic the long vertical chip is saa7020 and the top left pin is 40 just count back !

Indeed thanks again. It does give digital audio ( 2.48 Volts DC )but it doesn't tricker my DAC.

Than again, do you have any idea how to continue with this issue?

If it can be done with a Philips CD304 MKII ( with digital-out ) than what seems different in a reguair CD304.

But no worries so far cause my CD304 is still working after the info that was given.

All Info at pressent point is very welcome.

Thanks for reading my issue here!!:)

zoekt en gij zult vinden

retro-audio73 said:
If it can be done with a Philips CD304 MKII ( with digital-out ) than what seems different in a reguair CD304.

304: SAA70xx > TDA1540
304 II: SAA7210 > SAA7220 > TDA1541
For digital out you need S/PDIF; easy with SAA7220 (pin 14 DOBM), not easy with SAA7010/7020.
Originally posted by rfbrw This subject crops on a regular basis. Do search and you will find all you need

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.