• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

group order for a universal gc card chassis

Status
Not open for further replies.
hi all,
i am going to make 50PCs small chassis for gc.i want to share it with you.
ask for $75USD per unit(including all sockets),the shipping is $20.
the chassis is design for universal.it will fit chipamp.com series gc kit(3875/3886/4780) and my inverted gc.thanks brian and PD.

photos attached.

Attachments

• block-1.jpg
    block-1.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 1,117
Well, I guess I can only share now the feeling of Junji Kimura when I ripped off his design and made my first amp with a similar appearance as his Gaincard:

http://www.audioasylum.com/audio/general/messages/278412.html

However, I was not determined enough to use Group Buy cover for making money on someone elses idea. Group Buys are usually organized to save mone on a single unit, I see you alredy have one, so all subsequent production can be only interpreted as "for profit" venueu. If you want to market that chassis, do it in Vendor's Bazzar and pay the dues to the Forum:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=22407&highlight=

Attachments

• patek.jpg
    patek.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 709
I don't care if he copies or not. I'm just opposing using group buy tactics to make money on someone else's idea (and he's having at least 50 % profit margin).

He can offer it at Vendors Bazaar and sell piece by piece. As long as he mentions it's a copy of my original Patek design and offers for diy purpose only, it should be OK with everybody.

PeteM,

You are obviously missing the point.

I don't deny that I copied Kimura and I indeed did not not ask him for permission. The only difference is, I did not advertise my amp on Mr. Kimura's website.

If I present a project here, on a forum, it is done with intention for others to be inspired and maybe build something similar for themselves. It is not intended for others to sell it for profit ON THIS FORUM. That should be obvious to everybody.

He can sell his chassis wherever he wants, outside this forum, or even in Vendors Bazaar, and I can't do nothing about it. But not as a group buy, with projected image that it is "not for profit".

Status
Not open for further replies.