Anyone recognise this mech?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Inside an Acurus ACD11:

Attachments

• acd11op.jpg
    acd11op.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 483
Perhaps I should have mentioned that this pic is with the clamp removed... The clam BTW looks a bit like a sony but the actaul clamping disc is probably 50 mm in diameter.

I did at first also think it may be a CDM12 variant.
According to acurus literature it does use a glass lens, the HiFi Choice review says it is a mech of eastern origin...
Looking at just tone's site it looks a bit like a KSS770 or 780.
Perhaps the only way to be sure is to look for a sticker but that will involve stripping. Unit is working fine, just wanted to know if spares are available and at what cost.

ACD-11 mechanism

Tubenut - were you ever able to track down the mechanism for your Acurus ACD-11? I have the same player and love it, but it has been skipping quite badly lately, even with new CDs. I opened it up and cleaned and lubed the rail as well as clean the lens, but it still is skipping a bit (although not nearly as badly). Think i might have to look to replace the laser mechanism sometime and would need the same info you were searching for a while back. Thanks for your help!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.