4x 15" IB construction

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here's a first pic of my most recent project--a 4x 15" IB sub for a friend's new home. He's not really into audio, but wanted a decent HT setup in his living room, so I talked him into the IB. I expect he'll be pleasantly surprised. :angel:

It's located in a built-in bench along the wall to the left of the HT. It'll be a really slick install with nothing visible above (unless grilles are removed) and nothing below in the basement where it vents. Total cost including 500W plate amp with PEQ: <$500.

Attachments

• p1010109.jpg
    p1010109.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 1,252
Are 2 of the drivers going to be mounted 'magnet out' to lower some harmonics ?

That's the plan. :cool:

Which drivers are they? Are they the AE Speakers IB15 that are based on Lambda Acoustics parts?

I wish, but not for a <$500 budget including a $250 amp! We're using 15" Kicker autosound drivers that have quite good specs for IB and cost us half as much as the AEs.

Bill F. said:
Here's a first pic of my most recent project--a 4x 15" IB sub for a friend's new home. He's not really into audio, but wanted a decent HT setup in his living room, so I talked him into the IB. I expect he'll be pleasantly surprised. :angel:

It's located in a built-in bench along the wall to the left of the HT. It'll be a really slick install with nothing visible above (unless grilles are removed) and nothing below in the basement where it vents. Total cost including 500W plate amp with PEQ: <$500.
careful Bill, could be dangerous he he. check this out for a laugh

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=3275&item=5761241845&rd=1
:D

If that 12" box sub made the gentleman's wife fall off the bed, and this IB has about 10 times the displacement (very conservative estimate), then will 10 wives in 10 neighboring homes simultaneously fall out of their beds some late evening? I'll watch the local paper and report back to this thread. ;)

did you use any thing to calculate the dimensions of the baffle?

i know somewhere there is a HxW ratio you " should " follow for frequency extension.

also notice they are tilted back at an angle , is that for some reason for optimum output aswell?

it does look pretty cool and look slike it will be inconspicuousans a little stealthy on the sub install,

what type of monitor or is it gonna be a projection?

thanks ,,,

oface

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.