lm3886 +25V out with hizz and hum!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hi!

I know i'v seen a post where a guy had a simular problem some time ago, but i cant find it, so i'm making a new one.

as the topic says i'v been making a lm3886 amp and finally got it finnished.

as i try it out it blows the membrane of my speaker almost up to the roof! (ok, now i'm overesaturating)
i measure +25V of the board and when the trusty old test speaker is connected the membrane was pushed as far as it would go and i head hum and hissing.
the thing is made with kostasthegrate's pcb, etched it myself.
there is no apparrent short circuts anywhere eiter.

i have absolutly no clue as to what could be wrong with it, every thing should be correct!

the trafo is a 160w transductor 2*17.5V

i'l post some pics of the amp and the scematics if its needed in finding the problem.

thanks a lot!

regards
marius

demogorgon said:
as i try it out it blows the membrane of my speaker almost up to the roof! (ok, now i'm overesaturating)
i measure +25V of the board and when the trusty old test speaker is connected the membrane was pushed as far as it would go and i head hum and hissing.

:D :D :D :D
I'm sorry, but I'm here laughing for some 5 minutes...:D

demogorgon said:
i'l post some pics of the amp and the scematics if its needed in finding the problem.

Show us the PCB too, some mistake you made there.

hey, glad at least one of us is in a good mood :p

this is what diy is all about. trying and failing, trying again and failing...again.. almost like my life's story.;)

well, pictures was requested.

over.JPG

under.JPG

scematics.JPG

hope this helps..

regards
marius

this chip is kind of an op-amp so the 220k resistor between the input and output somehow diktate the mount of gain in the chip? or something like that.. it's getting kind of late here in this part of europe :D

well, its a no big deal, i haven't used the pcd because i didn't have a small enough drill, so all i have to do is solder the resistor to a different pin..

well, thanks man!
if it works now, i actually have a working gainclone..:D

And, I'l be damned, it works! i god damn ****ing works!!

WooHoo!!

Its playing music right now!
i havent been this happe since, weel last week when i god myself a new monitor, but anyways!!

thank you for all your help everyone! even to kostasthe_not-so_grate who made a faulty pcb i copied!!

demogorgon said:
this chip is kind of an op-amp so the 220k resistor between the input and output somehow diktate the mount of gain in the chip? or something like that.. it's getting kind of late here in this part of europe :D

You've got there.:cool:

demogorgon said:
And, I'l be damned, it works! i god damn ****ing works!!
WooHoo!!
Its playing music right now!

Yuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuupiiiiiiiiiiiiii!!!:D
Congratulations!:)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.