Does anyone recognize this ribbon tweeter?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello all,

this is on sale here for about $25,-

It's being advertised as made in Taiwan and has modelnumber 454.

Does anyone of you know what it is and maybe even know some specs?

Thanks in advance,
Johan

Attachments

• ribbon 454.jpg
    ribbon 454.jpg
    17.5 KB · Views: 804
These Ribbons are the same as used in my BNS evolutions (also made in holland) which is a great speaker.

Where were they on sale ? I would like to have a spare one.

Details at the back (just screwed it out)
---------------------------------------------------
BNS Hifi Ribbon tweeter
Type : CTF 90 T
Impedance : 80 Ohm
Frequency Range : 5-30KHz
Maximum Power 30Watt
Specially Selected for BNS Evolution
---------------------------------------------------

It is used as the super tweeter in a four way system with a filter at 8500 Hz 18dB/oct.

Greets

Willem

I ordered two of these units @ brigatti, and they arrived pretty fast. I took one of them apart to see how they were build. It looks to me they are build somewhere in taiwan or china as a low cost, medium quality, ribbon tweeter. And the fact that they are sold under various brandnames agrees with my findings.
I don't say it looks bad, but it is no high-end build quality either.
Maybe that also explains why the units in my BNS speakers say "specially selected" they probably select the good one's out of a bunch of units from variable quality, because that's cheaper then buying a brand/model that's always good quality.

I would however advice you not to take these units apart since the chances are quite big your unit will perform less after taking it apart and putting it back together. The ribbon itself is glued to the plastic and when you separate them there's a big change you will deform the ribbon.

greets,

Willem.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.