Marantz PM66SE

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi im wondering if anyone can help me??

I have a 1996 marantz PM66SE amplifier, and yea i know its getting on now but its been a cracking amp for years and dont really wanna go sheding out for a new one...

Basically, it randomly "turned off" a few weeks ago; replaced the internal fuse and following that a few days later it "turned off" again! I have had the transformer out today and it seems the primary windings have gone down :(

Ive emaild a "Marantz" service center to try and gain a replacement but does anyone have any experience with with this type of amplifer??

Particuarly the voltage/current outputs from the transformer??

Or where i could gain a replacement??

Many thanx to anyone who can help :)

Cheers, Bri.

I have a PM66 KI which also occasionally cuts out. In my case it appears to be something to do with the "source direct" button. If I switch it on and off a couple of times the amp starts playing again and runs happily until the next time which can be a couple of days or weeks. At this point it is merely a minor irritation but I would like to nip it in the bud.

Anybody experienced this and any suggestions?

This would seem like sound advice.

Is it just a switch a problem?

Although I appreciate the finer points of audio equipment, I fear my technological expertise is limited. However, if it is just a case of a quick blast with WD40 I think I am in with a shout. If it involves bypassing the tachyon drive and serial linking the ion plasma booster I am probably out of my depth. :xeye:

Administrator
Joined 2004
Paid Member
Okay, WD-40 will work, but leaves a rather distinctive odour. You may want to rethink that one. Try De-Ox-Id or a like quality electronic contact cleaner. Not tuner cleaner!

Really, that's all your problem is. Make sure to get a *small* amount into the contacts.

-Chris

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.