Project progress report

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Theese contact plates have been machined of 3mm double sided PCB. The outer circle of contacts will be 3mm, the inner circle will be 2.5mm. Outside diameter is 85mm, the center hole is 36mm, to accomodate a 20mm axle and the mount for the spring/-slider assembly.

The whole this is to be mounted in an aluminum cylinder, which is stack-able, in order to allow for an unlimited number of decks.

Magura:)

Machined the bolts and nuts for mounting the heatsinks on the ZV7 project. I forgot to make a photo of the wrenches made for the bolts and nuts...but they do exist :)

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/album01

Also got round to machining the housing of the attenuator switch, will post photos later (left the ithems in the workshop).

Got the silver for the switch today as well...around 300 grams of it :) exactly enough for 9 poles of 40 steps.

DIY 40 step attenuator, update.

Got around to finishing up the housing for the 40 step attenuator switch today.

Everything is to be assembled with M3 bolts. A pair of deep groove ball bearings will keep it running smoothly.

Now the silver contacts and the sliders is all thats left....should be a walk in the park from here ;) ...and the spindle naturally...

A couple of pics, oily fingerprints and all :D

http://www.briangt.com/gallery/magura-40stepattenuator

Re: Contacts

kamskoma said:
Hi Magura,

Where do you find the silver contacts? is it possible to find gold contacts or a alloy with gold as main part.

Kamskoma

The silver contacts are made of 935 silver wire, as you most likely know it's a silver/ copper alloy. Since the switch will be sealed, there is little point in using gold, as far as I remember it silver is one of the best switch contact materials, and can't be bettered significantly by any material. What have to be kept in mind is also that there is more than 250grams of silver in those contacts, which set me back 130 euro....I don't even want to think about the price if it had been gold ;)

I have bought the wire through a jeweller, as they get it much cheaper from the wholesales than we do.

Pic's

A small picture of the project attenuator

Kamskoma

Attachments

• att.jpg
    att.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 166
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.