Zenquito 5x50W : nearly the building end

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I started this project in septembre 2003. At this date, what i wanted, was to built a power amp to ugrade my Hifi and HC system. The power amp was design to drive a complete Fostex Large Band speaker system with a confortable global sensitivity (about 95-100db). My multichanel integrated power amplifier (Yamaha RXV1300) will be use as decoder and preamp. in Hc configuration. I am building a stereo preamp for Hifi configuration that will switch with the RVX1300 to schear the power amp front chanels.

After net surfing and many forum discussion i planed to build à Zenquito Evolution. This amp was designed by JM. Plantefève - "The french Nelson Pass"-

My unit will be a 5x50W AB class for rear and front center chanel and A class up to 25W for front chanels (After 25W it switch in AB class).

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Here's some computer drawings from my project.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Marc

Thye PSU is based on one 625Va 2x25V toroidal transformer, 2 diode bridges as rectifier, and a CRC filtering. For filtering i use 14 C154 22000µf/40V capacitor and 25W 1Ohm resistors.

The power is distributed through 2 chanels :
- Front chanel
- Front center/ rear chanel who can be turn off when the use is only hifi music. That why i have relays befor the 4 first C154.

Few works after

After wood tinting and glossy varnishing

And drilling for Heat dissipation

The fives amp PCB with all transistors stages matched

Next i started the wiring

The ground plate

All wires have the same length.

Re: Pic's

Audiofanatic said:
Hi,

This is really beautifull, WOW!
Nice work :bigeyes:

Can you tell me how you manage to put somany pic's in one single post?

Best regards,

Audiofanatic ;)

He is linking from his own site.

thus [ i m g ]put here your site with the picture [ / i m g ] (without the spaces.

And Idefixes: Great work, I like your neat lay-out.

DarkOne said:
Very nice work. I've showed these pictures to friends, so everyone wants to order one.

How does it sound?
I don't know how it sound's because i have a few works to finisheit. But what i can say is that mine is fare to be the first of this amp. schema. In generaly, their are qualified as amp with nearly tube sound.
I tell you more in about a month when it's finished.....

Marc

Idefixes said:

But have one only referencement point for 0V is one of the most commun solution apply to avoid HUMMMM in power amp.....

Marc

Very true, but the 0V point does not have zero impedance and the substantial current pulses produced by the PSU will be passing through this point and could cause potential differences between signal grounds.

The small signal grounds should meet at a seperate 'clean' star point and a single connection from here should then be run to the main star point.

Wow, great looking amp.
(Happens to me that I often think this is the nicest done amp I´ve seen but it doesn´t stop...)
Very nice idea with the copper cage especially for a multichannel amp where it´s the space on heatsink that´s rare and where not every channel needs heavy heatsinking.
Will you run them hot?

And yes please report back bout the sound.
The Zenquito was on top of my project-list for a while but decided for an Aleph3.
But I might be in need for another amplifier soon.;)

Respect!
Jens

joensd said:
Wow, great looking amp.
(Happens to me that I often think this is the nicest done amp I´ve seen but it doesn´t stop...)
Very nice idea with the copper cage especially for a multichannel amp where it´s the space on heatsink that´s rare and where not every channel needs heavy heatsinking.
Will you run them hot?

And yes please report back bout the sound.
The Zenquito was on top of my project-list for a while but decided for an Aleph3.
But I might be in need for another amplifier soon.;)

Respect!
Jens

Zenquito board as they are in AB classe don't run much hot, and i have only 50W per chanel. Only the 2 front chanels (the nearest of the amp rear will be polarized in A classe (1.25A rest current)up to 25W and will run the hotest . The copper cage allows me to divide the heat trough the four heatsink. With them i have 0.0825C/W potentiel for all amp.

Marc

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.