www.cattylink.com & other hong kong shops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi :)
I've mailed them about confidence and got this in the answer:

REGARDING THE MATTER OF CONFIDENCE, WE ARE A FORMAL COMPANY SET UP IN THE LEGAL WAY AND NOT JUST A WEB SITE WITHOUT GUARANTEE. IN ADDITION, WE ARE INVITED TO JOIN THE FAMOUS “FEDERATION OF HONG KONG INDUSTRIES”. WE THINK THAT THIS MAY CONFER HIGHER CONFIDENCE ON YOU.

I'm also thinking about buying some electronics from them, but knowing that it is a serious firm would be nice..
Anyone ever ordered something from them?

CHINESE HIFI

rick57 said:
Did you get anything?

Was it ok (I'm going to HK soon)?

Lots of great gear there alright!

Hello everybody,

I found a website called Ornec (www.ornec.com)
They also sell at good pricing, but as everybody wants to know... ...are the trustworthy!
I thought I would best found out by ordering a pair of cheap 29 pounds sterling interconnects.
When I ordered those, they said they are sold out (although they are still on the webpage)
By now I ordered a hifi-rack and I am in the waiting period.........

You all will here from me when it arrives.

greetings,

Henry

:smash:

:bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Hello to you all!!!
I have some sad sad news.

Both Cayin and Shanling state on their own website that every sale on the internet from their brands is FAKE or OUTDATED and WITHOUT WARRANTY!!!

By this statements it is obvious that we are NOT to buy ANYTHING at websites such as CATTYLINK, nor ORNEC!!!

BE WARNED!!!

Henry :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

Henry van der B his is EMMA from Ornec please do not worry Ornec.com is part of the Knoxed Group that is registered in United Kingdom. As for the Cable yes there was a problem, we realized that the item was not in stock and selling a cable and sending it from china using DHL for 29GBP was not worth it so we changed the minimum order for free shipping to 49.99 GBP. As for the warranty and fake items, that's all crap I mean shanling and cayin have done this so hi fi fans do not purchase item from China. So you should pay premium price for the items. We do provide Warranty but item needs to be sent back to china so the warranty can be covered. Some times that's not economical. remember are prices are 1/3 or 1/2 or the retail prices. As for the prices in GBP that's only for small orders. When you want to have a group buy the prices will change drastically. Remember Final price equals cost of goods + shipping. Many companies give you low prices for the goods and charge you double for shipping. Recently we secured a group buy from the french that surely says a lot about us. Please if you have any problem let us know.

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
I don't know much about this stuff, but it is well known that many brand names are merely added to existing products from China. So it is very possible that you can get the same product for a lot less in China without the brand name.

As far as products with a known brand name- these are sometimes not supported by that brand if they can be determined to be imported through alternate channels. The problem is that the official importer has the costs of establishing his name through hiring reps, and advertising, and also the responsibility of servicing any warrantee on the item. It is unfair to expect the importer, who is probably not part of the manufacturing company, to support items that he has made no profit on. In this case your only warrantee would be whatever the company in China that sold it to you will give..

The cost of warranty claims should be born by the manufacturer. I once worked for an importer. Once a month we billed the manufacturer in various countries. However the importer may well have no obligation to support same goods bought elsewhere.

fi3nd what is your role in Ornec?

Cheers

100% i perfectly agree with you ppl we started like normal companies buy and selling later on we need to do something major so we bought the trade mark G&W from http://www.gwtsinghua.com. Now we will start selling the stuff in Europe with Warranty and all Plus we have to pay all Taxs. Plus warranty will also cost us this means that we will have to sell the unit for a higher cost. As you know in EU if u import u need to pay 17.5 import duty plus 17.5 VAT. So this means the cost of good goes up 35% even before selling. plus warranty cost.

so now what can i say
we hate ppl who import G&W directly from China
and we sell Shanling and Cayin products directly from China our self.. so i guess cant say much u know..
we have 2 offices in china , one in HK and on in UK. so i guess u guys can trust us.. the french trusted us with an order for 30K in Feb

Henry

Hopefully you won’t need a on a warranty claim on a hifi-rack!
I haven’t yet seen the warranty disclaimer – do you have a link?

The prices are in GBP (& one phone no) – it appears the business is not in HK, but UK ?

Cheers

Hello In reply of post #8 I have the following link: http://www.sparkaudio.com/eshouhoufuwutonggao.htm
As this is from the original website you are all warned!!

Hello,

As promised I would write to you when I received my rack.
I have received the rack a while ago, but there were several minor dents all over the rack.
They said I had to send the pictures, which I did on April 22th!

I haven't heard a reply on this case ever since........
I will keep you all informed IF Ornec will setlle the matter.

Another Source For Ordering Chinese Hifi Equipment

Hi Guys,

This is a rather late reply, but there is another place you can order Chinese hifi equipment from, see the following website:-

http://www.coemaudio.com

They can supply anything in your heart's desire from: -

Blaudio
Xindak
Compact
Long Yu
Classic
Jungson
Rose Voix
VAL
Original
Shangling
Bole
Korsun
Nanzidu and others....

You should contact Norman Law at coem@coemaudio.com, he is very helpful. I purchased my Korsun u3i (Aka Mark Levinson's Red Rose Music phonostage) from him. He regularly ships to Europe and the States.

Regards,

Steve:devilr:

Not Impressed With Catty Link!

Hi All,

Just my two cents, I was not at all impressed with the way Cattylink conducted business after making enquiries about a piece of equipment by sending two emails to them.:redhot:

Guess wh?:confused:

They never bothered to reply?:mad:

That's what I call poor customer service!:mad:

A friend in Europe then told me to contact Norman at COEM, I did and he responded immediately:wave2:

I could hardly recommend Cattylink:confused:

Regards,

Steve;)

Status
Not open for further replies.