Add SPDIF on SAA7310/TDA1543 Combination

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi there,

Who know how to wire out a SPDIF digital output from a SAA7310/TDA1543 combination cdp?
In about 1993s Philis announced many economic CDP like CD480, CD482... all these models equipped with CDM4 SAA7310/TDA1543 for cost down reason I guess (just before bit stream age).
The CDM4 SAA7310/TDA1543 doesn't like famous SAA7220 and not SPDIF dig out. Really like to know a easy way to layout a SPDIF out. Any one knows?

Tubeee :scratch:

Tubeee said:
Hi there,

Who know how to wire out a SPDIF digital output from a SAA7310/TDA1543 combination cdp?
In about 1993s Philis announced many economic CDP like CD480, CD482... all these models equipped with CDM4 SAA7310/TDA1543 for cost down reason I guess (just before bit stream age).
The CDM4 SAA7310/TDA1543 doesn't like famous SAA7220 and not SPDIF dig out. Really like to know a easy way to layout a SPDIF out. Any one knows?

Tubeee :scratch:

Hi

May be this is of any use

http://www.algonet.se/~cyrano/unispdif.html

Guido

Digital out for SAA7310

Hi Tubeee

If you are still interested, I have the schematics for an old Philips CDP using CDM4 and SAA7310 with a digital output. It shows which pins to connect etc.

Send me an email for my contact details.

Fin

Many thanks to you Fin,

The old philips cdp may connect the SAA7310 to PCF2705 for digital interface in and out I guess. However, PCF2705 is really hard to find, so I have sloved the problem by using CS8402. (may be adding a SAA7220 devil can do the same thing:eek: :eek: :eek:)

It will be greatly appreaciated if you can mail me the related schematics.

Other issue:
While studying the old Phlips CD480/482 I found that the digital signal /I2S? is directly feeding from SAA7210 to TDA1543 without any digital filter. To my surprise, is this cheap CDP non-oversampling ??? If it is, why should we build non-oversampling DAC today? Just buy a second hand Philips CD480/482. it already used non-oversampling philosophy 10 years ago:bawling:

Tubeee

Tubeee,
I just tweaked a Philips CD 210 with SAA7310 and TDA1543 (tapped of the output almost directly) and the sound is oh so sweet t:cool: . And I recognized now that indeed it must be zero oversampling indeed: a straight wire between the two components, nothing inbetween.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.