• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

NeoY2ks ESS dacs for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi!
For the sake of clarity, I make this new thread to sell stuff. It's a better place to do it, and I can make things "cleaner".

I have several boards (stuffed or not) for sale. Here are the descriptions and price.

ESS Sabre 9032 DAC board
An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

What's inside?
- The ESS 9032 chip
- C0G/NP0 Non-microphonic 100nF decoupling caps on each supply pin of the DAC
- 100µF Chip-caps (Solid Aluminium caps) on each supply rail (AVCCL, AVDDL, AVCCR, AVDDR, DVDD, DVCC, Vclock).
- 80Mhz -162dBc .25 ppm Crystek CCHD-950 clock (ultra ultra low jitter).
- A very complete supply connector with force (power), sense, and ground sense pins for each supply line.

What do you connect in/out?

- Connector for all Sabre inputs with ESS recommended input impedance.
- Connector for all Sabre outputs (can output 8ch, but you can bridge them together too).
- Connector for "Locked", "Mute", "I2C addr", "Reset".
- Connector for i2c
- Connector for i2c pullups (just use jumpers to enable local pullups)
- Connector for power: all lines seperated with force, sense and ground sense.
- If you don't use voltage sense lines, you can ground them. If you want to use them, put a blob of solder on 0402 footprints just to connect them.

What's NOT inside?
- There is no input comparator nor buffer for SPDIF or the like.
- There is no I/V nor any output stage
- There are no onboard voltage regulators
- There is no onboard µC

What about quality?
- It uses very high quality 4-layers 1 Oz immersion gold PCB and all components are top quality.
- It uses a smal SMT adapter for the clock (error in the original footprint) but clock output matches Sabre's clock input directly - it just crosses a via, but does not run through any trace. An additional decoupling cap has been added on this adapter board to ensure maximum RF rejection.
- It uses ultra low Rdc beads on supply lines to avoid RF crosstalk.

What's the price?
- Price for a fully soldered and tested board is 300 US$
- Price for the Bare PCB is 60 US$

That1200 Balanced Line receiver
It will allow Bal=>SE conversion and will automatically accomodate for bad lines.

It is the That1200 Datasheet, with the output DC cancelation but without the input RF filter (you may put it in the connector).
Uses the same high quality PCB and components than the DAC board. Meant to be used with Kemet multi-tantalum chip-caps.

Input: Your Balanced signal
Output: SE output
Power: +-12V with decoupling caps and RF beads included.

Price: 5$ for a bare PCB. Building cost: see below

Positive Voltage Regulator

It's made to use LT1763 or LT1963. The 1763 is 20µV noise, the 1963 is higher current/RF regulation but 40µV noise. These parts are amongst the best integrated regulators.

These can be used in adjustable mode (resistor ratio on the back) or fixed mode.
In fixed mode, you can use remote sensing or local sensing. In adj mode, local sensing only.

Input: Unregulated supply. Ground. RF bead on input, same HQ Solid Polymer caps.
Output: Regulated supply, Sense line, jumpers for mode selection (ADJ, Local sense, Distant sense).

Price: 5$ a bare PCB, 25$ for 7 PCBs, 40$ for 14 PCBs. Building cost: see below

Negative Voltage Regulator

The LT1964, lowest noise of integrated negative regulators. Adjustable mode or fixed voltage mode. RF bead. Made to be use with Kemet chip caps multi tantalum.

Input: Unregulated supply, ground.
Output: Regulated supply, jumpers for mode selection (ADJ/Fixed).

Price: 5$ a bare PCB. Building cost: see below

Pad
This is a double T pad (balanced) on a small SMT footprint.

PCB: Free. Building cost: see below.

Building cost
For all the small boards:
- "setup" fee: US 20$
- price per board soldering: 1$
- You have to provide me the components, or components values (and pay for them) for passives. The only actives I can source are That1200, for Linear Tech parts, you have to buy them and send them to me.

Important things to know
These are non-commercial boards! I'm not making money on them, I sell them to cover their own price + VAT + Stencil. There is maybe 10% to help me recover the equipment cost (reflow controller and oven, and all the lab stuff I had to buy).

Avaibility
Sabre DAC boards: 8
That1200 line receivers: 34
Positive Vreg: 70 (yep, I ordered a lot...)
Negative Vreg: 22
Pad: 12

Thank you very much!
If you are interested in something in, put your order here and I will keep an up-to-date table.

Payment will be via Paypal (or international bank transfer if you want): firs payment before I buy the components (I don't have enough money to buy components to make tenth of boards before selling them...) and the rest on board completion.

I'll close orders in two weeks.

Cheers,
Nicolas

hi

Sabre 9032 is "ES9018" you mean?

then I would love to take
Sabre 9032 bare board and parts.

and I am also interested in your programed microcontroller.
How much do you price it?

I have just started to study PIC uC in those days
so I may be able to run it ...?

p.s. what is "Pad"?

NeoY2k said:
Hello,
I'll use Arduino (Seeduino) and will be happy to program you µC boards with the program you want (remember that Sabre's registers are subject to NDA).
Nicolas

Really?

Wow! I've never seen that (the NDA part) in a released product. It is strangely enough that the data sheet is not freely available for download. Seeeduino is a good product (now on sale from the US distributor)

glt said:

Really?

Wow! I've never seen that (the NDA part) in a released product. It is strangely enough that the data sheet is not freely available for download. Seeeduino is a good product (now on sale from the US distributor)

No big deal getting the datasheet. Just contact the local distributor and they will send you an NDA to sign. I guess it is their way of doing business and to track who is using the product out there...

Well, I had to yell a bit and start talking in 100+ units of ADCs to get the french local distributor to contact me!

It's more than one year that I tried to sign this NDA, and it is not yet - but I have the chips, and an unsigned datasheet.

But it seems that the US distributor is far more open, and the new french ones seems better too.

Hi Nicolas.

Interesting offer. Right in time. I am thinking of upgrading to the 32 bit version.
It seems that your device is much more flexible then the TP device.

Currently I am running an old Twistedpear Buffalo.

As you know the TPBuf comes almost "ready-to-go plugn' play" .
I am wondering what's needed to get your device going.

I have an usb receiver which delivers the I2S input and a class-a output stage which I can reuse.

As far as I understand the only thing missing are the regulators (which ones?) - correct?

How about the software?

Anything else?

THX

Well, if you can input i2s, and have an I/V stage, you need regulators.
Which ones and how many will depend on you, you'll need to provide 3v3 and 1.2v, but consider at least an extra line for clean reference 3v3, and another seperate one for the clock will be good. But you may use extra ones to seperate the left and right channels supplies, and do the same for the digital supply lines.

Regarding software, you'll need to have the NDA signed, and you could use any device outputting i2c (like a small and easy to set up Arduino board).
If you only plan to use i2s, and don't mind the Automute function, then you don't even need software at all.

Cheers,
Nicolas

Hi,

I hope it's not too late (was on holiday last week). I would like to pre-order...

1 x DAC board (bare PCB)
3 x POS-reg boards (bare)
1 x NEG-reg board (bare)
1 x THAT1200 board (bare)

Thanks,
OzOnE.

P.S. Will they give an NDA to most people who sign, or is it better to be a registered company?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.