BIBIB! (built-in BIB)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wife decided she likes BIB,. built into the cabinet in our guest room.

Using the Pioneer A11 (el cheapo) mated with the tweeter, volume calculated by the BIB calculator. Attempt at amateurl cabinet maker's effort to have it "built-in".

Little bit of "wall corner" fitted the BIB, is not quite all finished but the sound is "full", ample bass with good overall presentation. Playing "Amadeus". Music sound is good.

Just impressed with the BIB design, ability to extend to lower bass frequency.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

speaker wires had to be side mounted and hidden. Making a drawer and fitting a cabinet door is an adventure for a first timer.

gychang

That's just awesome. A perfect bedroom system. Nice work.

I have two pair of these myself and was thinking of trying an I-BiB with them. Mind if I ask you a few questions?

What did they sound like before you added the tweeter? Where do the tweeters come in at? 10,000Hz? What frequency did you use for F3 on the calculator? How large is the room that they play in?

Once again, nice work.

gurley123 said:

What did they sound like before you added the tweeter? Where do the tweeters come in at? 10,000Hz? What frequency did you use for F3 on the calculator? How large is the room that they play in?

Once again, nice work.

it may have been psychological but with addition of the tweeter I thought highs had more sparkle...

I soldered on 2u cap, so I would assume 10KHz is about right.

The room is smallish about 20x20ft?

gychang

gychang said:

it may have been psychological but with addition of the tweeter I thought highs had more sparkle...

I soldered on 2u cap, so I would assume 10KHz is about right.

The room is smallish about 20x20ft?

gychang

Right, due to our hearing curve combined with the HF power response fanning a wider 'sweet spot' (bigger sound-stage), IMO all but the smallest 'FR' drivers will benefit from the addition of a super tweeter.

That's not a 'smallish' listening room for most folks around here, though small for compression horns unless its area is elongated enough to get the listening distance into the far field down into at least the lower mids.

Anyway, very nice, this is more like most of the apt. dweller's systems I did where simple pieces of furniture or DIY units were assembled/stacked with the speakers to make a wall, cove, etc. system that was easily relocated/reconfigured. Combined with velcro'd on baseboard trim and end wall panels to match the wall they could be made to appear as a built-in.

GM

IDK how to edit my post, but after looking at the pics that you have taken, this looks to be the tweeter you used http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=275-025

Am i mistaken?

Also is there anyway you could take all your photos and put them into a collaboration of everything you built? Everytime i look at your pics it seems to be posted on diff sites, with diff albums labeled. Kindof confusing for me. I dont mean any disrespect but for a noob lik myself, having a complete library/album to look at makes me understand it better. Thanks

tigh4life said:
IDK how to edit my post, but after looking at the pics that you have taken, this looks to be the tweeter you used http://www.parts-express.com/pe/showdetl.cfm?Partnumber=275-025

Am i mistaken?

Also is there anyway you could take all your photos and put them into a collaboration of everything you built? Everytime i look at your pics it seems to be posted on diff sites, with diff albums labeled. Kindof confusing for me. I dont mean any disrespect but for a noob lik myself, having a complete library/album to look at makes me understand it better. Thanks

That tweeter is correct, used to be less than $4 /each 2 yrs ago... Became too popular I suspect. I matched it to the fullrange using 2u capacitor which ends up crossing over around 10KHz.

I will try to better organize my pictures so it is easier to follow, getting disorganized at my old age...

Godzilla: I have been thinking about the some sort of grill, non cloth type but haven't gotten around to it, if I don't do it I will regret it.
gychang

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.