Ping zaph

Status
Not open for further replies.
As you're very email adverse, Senor Krutke, I'm trying to ping you here. I would love to be in touch with you about submitting some drivers to test. Please email me through the forum email, or at

poth

...jeff...** at poth....audio..**. dot com.

Let's see the spammers get through THAT cloak of silence

While I did happen to notice this post, please be aware that I don't participate in this forum any longer, and the chances are that I'm not going to see anything directed at me. In fact, this is probably the last post I will make here.

I'm doing a lot of cleanup of the driver tests at this moment. When I am done, I will likely open up testing again. On my web page, there will be a way to contact me regarding tests, and a list of drivers I'm interested in testing.

Zaph said:
While I did happen to notice this post, please be aware that I don't participate in this forum any longer, and the chances are that I'm not going to see anything directed at me. In fact, this is probably the last post I will make here.

Sucks to read this, John.

Hopefully it's not on the advice of strongly opinionated moderators or experts. I'd hate to see this forum corrupted and perverted in spite of itself.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
y8s said:

Sucks to read this, John.

Hopefully it's not on the advice of strongly opinionated moderators or experts. I'd hate to see this forum corrupted and perverted in spite of itself.

If your talking about my protestation to his insulting of another member, then yes, it would be sad if he let something like that get to him. Hope that's not the case and apologies if it is. He's a passionate audio amateur just like the rest of us and it'd be a blow for the community to see him end his participation here.

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Zaph said:

I'm doing a lot of cleanup of the driver tests at this moment. When I am done, I will likely open up testing again. On my web page, there will be a way to contact me regarding tests, and a list of drivers I'm interested in testing.

You are too touchy sometimes. When you expose good work, praise follows. The odd stuff inevitably follows too.

In your case I have seen 99% praise in this forum.

Practicing SE, talking (openly available) hard science of the 70's KEF 2 way class, and making some driver's data and designs available to the DIY public is a big practical service to the uninitiated, I have called you Prometheus for some real reason.

Good useful work, nothing remotely new or proprietary, in other words.

But there are people like Dr. Geddes and Lynn Olson here too. Not to mention John Curl and Nelson Pass or Allen Wright and many others. And I have never seen them acting such rigidly as you do, since 2002 that I frequent this forum.

Keep up the rational good work. I will be watching your site with interest as always.

If you're still reading this

I was thinking I'd submit a few high sensitivity mids, like the legendary PR17OMO, maybe my beloved PR65Neo (6.5" 98dB) and perhaps the fostex FF85k.

If any of these interest you, toss them on your list and I'll follow whatever procedure you come up with. Shame to leave the forum, but if it's irking you so much, no sense wasting time with something irritating.

Noise - useless fluff no one wants to listen to.
Signal - useful stuff that solves issues and the like.

DIYaudio used to have more signal then noise, we are getting noisier, or are we losing signal? Of course we could have an increase in both and be where we started :D I agree with Tktran though.

Madisound -.-

ShinOBIWAN said:

If your talking about my protestation to his insulting of another member, then yes, it would be sad if he let something like that get to him. Hope that's not the case and apologies if it is. He's a passionate audio amateur just like the rest of us and it'd be a blow for the community to see him end his participation here.

It happens I followed that thread. If it is for that that Zaph leaves the forum, it is worth to report correctly what happened:

http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=1506768#post1506768

1 - member SoundQuest offended Zaph (saying he makes bad designs)

2 - Zaph offended SoundQuest with a sarcastic answer

3 - ShinOBIWAN offended Zaph in post #9 (quote "All bow down to the mighty Zaph. ").

4 - SoundQuest makes his excuses to Zaph (post #15)

5 - Zaph makes his excuses to SoundQuest (post #17)

6 - No excuses from ShinOBIWAN to Zaph.

I think the best way to apologize for something is first to admit some facts.

diyAudio Member
Joined 2004
OK you know what? I fractured my wrist just a couple of days ago and I really don't feel like typing with just my left hand but I'm gonna struggle through and make this point once and once only.

It seems a few folks need a reason why zaph has ended his contributions here. Its pretty transparent to me but fine I'll take that on chin. However, if the guy can dish it out but can't stand someone objecting to that then maybe he made the right choice.

John is still a member here and is welcome to come and go as he sees fit BUT he gets no special treatment. And judging by the way he treat a builder looking for help and his abrupt departure after a home truth then I'd say he's looking for that special treatment. I have a problem with that.

End of. This thread has run its course.

Status
Not open for further replies.