TL Cabinet options

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I purchased a group of HiVi A5+ drivers to be used four to a cabinet in a speaker design. My original plan was to build a ported enclosure tuned to ~50 hz yielding an f3 of about 48hz.

I thought I read that TL/TQWT might be able to yield a response 1/2 to 1 octave below the FS of 55hz of these drivers. This would be fantastic if doable. I do not have the Martin King software to properly model these drivers. I do have Akabak, but I can't find a script that could easily be modified for this purpose.

I was hoping that someone with the MK software might take a look at this project and model the drivers and provide some design specs.

My main criteria is to keep the width of the cabinet about 8-1/2" wide and about 40" tall. There will be mids & tweeters above the HiVi A5's that will take up about 8" of baffle space near the top.

The specs on the drivers are;

*Power handling: 35 watts RMS/70 watts max *VCdia: 3/4" *Znom: 8 ohms *Re: 6.5 ohms *Frequency range: 55-6,500 *Fs: 55 Hz *SPL: 86dB 1W/1m *Vas: .22 cu. ft. *Qms: 5.91 *Qes: .47 *Qts: .44 *Xmax: 3 mm *Dimensions: A: 5-1/8", B: 4-1/4", C: 3-3/4".

The SD is about 15.9"^2 per driver, or about 60.36"^2 total for all four drivers.

Any help that you can offer is greatly appreciated.

Paul

I wasn't offended, just trying to be ironic/humorous.

I may have to pony up the $25.00 for the MJK scripts, since no one seems to be offereing to do my design work for free.

Do you know if Akabak, can faithfully model a TL/TQWT similar to what I am trying to build? It seems like a fairly flexible tool.

Paul

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.