Part Express drivers to the UK?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Part Express drivers to the u.k.?

What is the deal when ordering from partsexpress to a u.k. address?

Has anyone done that and what was it liek in terms of shipping costs, there drivers are so so much cheaper than anything i can get here and the range is better as well. I am staring off in this and dont want to spend loads on drive units for testing which i may not use. Also all the good stuff and zaph audio seems to use either parts express or madisound.

Any experiences ?

Phil

Duty is 2%

Hi Guys

I have just been on to the HMRC advice line and obtained a Commodity code for general electronics spares eg speakers, chassis, caps etc...

Commodity code = 8518900099

If this is on the outside of the packet, it should attract duty at 2%

plus VAT ( calculated on price, carriage and insurance )

Not too bad, eh?

Andy

Edit This does not cover complete amps. If you want to enquire about specific items, call 01702 366 077

Guys I hate to be the downer on this one and well maybe it doesn't apply to england. I thought that the new RoHS thing was an EU product, meaning you guys would need to comply as well. If so your importing plans may it a snag, if the stuff you order does not comply.

PARTS EXPRESS DRIVERS TO EUROPE?

filholder:
Let me tell you my "PartsExpress" story.
Few months ago I want to buy DAYTON (USA) bass driver RSS390HO-4 15" (about 140 US$). PE, as Dayton's single world distributor, ships international only over UPS.
Now, first please sit down: UPS shipment for one above driver to Europe was 271 US$ - near twice price of a driver!
After my question what about post or airmail shipment the PE answer was:
"Our company has made the decision to use UPS as our international shipping method rather than the US Postal service..."
(because of lost and delayed packages).

poynton:
yu're lucky man, you can buy Tangbands in Germany ;)
Cheers,

PARTS EXPRESS DRIVERS TO EUROPE?

Thanks Shaun!
Didn't know that, beacuse I've found at that time Parts Express as one and only official distributor on DAYTON's page.
Otherweise, you're right, f.E. Acoustic Visions (as DAYTON's "sub" distrubutor) has no overseas export!

Cheers,

I am in Australia and used a few times Parts Express a couple of years ago and you could choose your shipper. I recently went to order and found the same, no choice of shipper and high price, I too got the same response
"Our company has made the decision to use UPS as our international shipping method rather than the US Postal service..."
(because of lost and delayed packages).

FWIW I made a fuss and told them that they would lose sales if they had no alternative slower and cheaper shipping option for international orders. It's a long shot, but maybe if we keep asking/nagging they might have a change of heart???

Be thankful you are not in Perth Western Australia like me, I have a hard time finding capacitors, inductors etc at the right values, it's a real pain. Good luck

Hi,

I'll chime in with my :2c: worth. I've ordered stuff from Madisound, and Zalytron amongst others but not PE due to their shipping costs. I get all my crossover stuff from Madisound which has better range and quality of parts than what I can find over here for the price, and it's still cheaper! From Zalytron I bought the Seas Millenium tweeters and they were far cheaper than Wilmslow including shipping and taxes etc.

Sometimes it's better, sometimes it's worse cost wise to buy from the states. With many drivers you don't have an alternative option to buy from over here anyway, but personally I wouldn't ever give my money to Wilmslow Audio even if they were cheaper.

With cheap drivers you're likely to get stung the worst because the cost of carriage and then import tax and vat if you get hit, and the wait and potential headache should you need to return anything makes it unworthwhile. For big stuff where you make real savings, then it's worth it IMO.

Attached is an excel file which I use to make realistic head or tail of things. Rename extension to .xls

V

Attachments

• driver costs from us.zip
    15.5 KB · Views: 37
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.