• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Worlds smallest Sonic Impact mod

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am (very reluctantly) offering up for sale my self proclaimed "Worlds Smallest SI Mod". I spent way too much time modding this little amp and I am very very sad to get rid of it. Its been about week that I have been deliberating its fate, and I've come to my decision. I'm not using it for anything at the moment and I could use the cash.

The original input network was removed and replaced with a 20k standard Alps pot and 3.3uf Panasonic caps going straight to the input resistors. I know some of you have disdain for the little tin cans, but I can't tell the difference between the Pany's and some 4uf polypropylene I used for testing, plus they are all I had that would fit.

I also replaced the supply cap with a 2200uf and added a weee little heatsink as you can see in the pic.

I have a 14v 3amp switching supply for it that works really well. It is extremely well regulated, even if you play the amp into unlistenable (is that a word?) clipping it will never drop below 14v.

So how does it sound you ask? Well, I'm not into hype or bloated descriptions that require me to use a spell checker, so I'll just say that I like it and really hate to see it go.

So how much for your adorable little amp you ask? Well, its personal worth is much more than anyones willing to pay for it, so after much debate I have settled on $80. That will include the power supply and shipping charges to anywhere in the US. International will be $5 more. If you don't want the supply I will drop the price to $70.

Even at $80 thats still $60+shipping less than a Super-T and you get the benefit of having a one of a kind item.

OFFER ONLY TO A GOOD HOME!!!

Email: h8isgr8 AT gmail DOT com

si_front.jpg

si_back.jpg

si_compare.jpg

si_inside.jpg

si_bottom.jpg

si_and_supply.jpg

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.