Info on goodmans twinax 220c?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi folks,

I just got these drivers off ebay and can find ZERO information on the web about them, so I thought I'd ask if anyone has any info they'd like to share.

They are a 12" and from the front look like an axiom 201 or 301. But, the cast basket has four straight arms, instead of three curved. The "twinax" name implies a coax driver setup, but there is no visible crossover and only a single pair of binding posts. They are surprisingly lightweight for their size and I suppose the small magnet equals high Q (correct?).

Here's what is written on the back:
"Goodmans of England, 12", Loudspeaker type: Twinax 220c, Impedance 15/16 Ohms, Made in England by Goodmans Industries Ltd. Wembley England, 84447"

One strange part is that the "twinax 220c" part is typed on a paper sticker on top of the foil label. I peeled it up and there is nothing written underneath.

So far I have only hooked them up raw, and anaemic no-baffle bass aside, they sound pretty good.

Max

Attachments

• 220cfront.jpg
    220cfront.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 561
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.