new subwoofer done!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I just wanted to thank MarkR and everyone else for there help with this. Just finished my first Subwoofer a 3 cube ported 12" Asssassin with a 300RMS Bash plate amp. Built it with my Pop and had a friend paint it for me the assembly was tonight. First test was U571 in DTS and Damn makes the Velodyne i borrowed sound weak ! (CHT 12") Thanks again ill post a couple pics !
Love it Loud and Deep all i could ask for.

pic

pic

Attachments

• 2006_0221image0058.jpg
    2006_0221image0058.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 1,600
the port i used GOOP... the Driver i used the gasekt that was on it and tightened it like a wheel. the Amp had a gasket also so.... Ill have to check for leaks see how it goes.
Thanks for the kind words it isnt ine of the fine pieces of art that i have seen on here but ill take it for now.

Swoop

Hey bostonswoop, how do you like those little KEF Coda 90's?

I used to have a pair just like those. They sounded pretty good, but I got tired of having to tighten that bolt in the back of them all the time. Over a couple weeks time, they would work their way loose and cause that front aluminum baffle to buzz and rattle.

Oh well, just thought I'd ask.

BTW, the sub looks great! ;)

loose screws!

Chops im glad you said somthing about my kefs i had never checked that screw in the back DOH! And yes loose on both of them i love the Kefs i didnt notice a rattle before but i guess im not turning em up loud enough. lol
May have to put some loctite on those to keep em snug.

? tho how do most people test for air leaks on new subs? Just listen for em feel around or somthing? Just wondering i was all over it whilst it was working but i didnt notice anything but of course if i didnt notice that loose screw in my kefs who knows what i miss.
Simon5 what did you use to seal up yours? just wondering in case i have to do it also.

Learn somthing new everyday :smash:

VERY impressed! makes me want to build a box for my atlas 15!

those new ascendant drivers look really beefed up. should sound really clean. I love how clean my atlas sounds, even at levels that cause things all around my room at REALLY low frequencies...it always stays clean, it was like nothing id ever heard before, in any store, it was just so different from any preconcieved notion of how bass should sound i had ever heard.

If you upgraded from a cht 12, im sure youre expereincing what im talking about. it doesnt even sound like the bass is being replicated by a speaker anymore.

maybe you shoudl do the old, scary movie with heat turned down with the missus if you dont wanna get divroced, or just let her rent a movie and just sit down and listen to it. Ive heard many a story of "oh my wife is going to hate it! its so big and black! but i built it anyway..." turn into "wow my wife actually tolerates it, she says its adds alot of depth and realism to movies, looks like im keeping it!"

and if she DOES disallow it....well looks like its time for a stealthy IB install :devilr:

xstephanx said:

maybe you shoudl do the old, scary movie with heat turned down with the missus if you dont wanna get divroced, or just let her rent a movie and just sit down and listen to it. Ive heard many a story of "oh my wife is going to hate it! its so big and black! but i built it anyway..." turn into "wow my wife actually tolerates it, she says its adds alot of depth and realism to movies, looks like im keeping it!"

and if she DOES disallow it....well looks like its time for a stealthy IB install :devilr:

Ahh... The joys of being single. :cool:

xstephanx my wife cant stand scray movies she more of a Desprate housewives Survivor rubish TV watcher thats why she has the living room tv to her self LOL..... But i may have to get something we can both agree on to watch soon.... Lest she comes donw and puts her foot thru my new driver.

Maybe you'll have to watch armageddon with her... I think most chicks like that movie pretty well. Almost made my eye moist at the end there...

It is very nice being single.... But I'm laying down the law with any girl who might come along... If a girl ever wants my sub out.... she can move it herself(or she cant literally,200lbs+, but I'll tell her SHE can move it out)... and if she actually gets it further than 6 inches she might be the one leaving...

But its easier for me to say that... I havent had to do it, and well even if I were in a relationship that girl damn sure better know that I'm a bass addict and speakers stay before things get serious enought to fight over living space.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.