• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

FS: Avalanche 12's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I bought these and used them for a few months in the Sonotubes I had until I finished the box for the pair of 18's I bought at the same time.

$200 ea or $375 for both, plus shipping from 94043. Shipping weight is about 45 lb each, in the original shipping boxes.

They're as good as new except some discoloration on the rubber gasket around the mounting holes from the steel washers I used under the screw heads.

The second one looks identical to the one in the pictures.

T-S parameters:

Fs 23 Hz
Vas 80 Liters
Qms 4.36
Qes .39
Qts .358
Znom 4 ohms
Re 2.8 ohms
Mms 197 g
Sd 480 cm^2
Pnom 800 watts

Of course I'm biased, but I don't think the new Ascendant subs match the Avalanches, at least on paper.

The Av12 has 20% greater Vd than the new 12's from it's 27 mm vs. 20.5 mm xmax, in spite of the new ones' slightly higher Sd.

More notably, no linear BL technology like the Av's XBL^2, which gives really clean bass.

PM or

email noah.katz@lmco.com

cell 650 906-1720

Thanks

Attachments

• av12.jpg
    av12.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 177
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.