• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

Hafler 9130 amp to sell

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I love Hafler amps. They keep running forever, hold their value and have schematics and parts available should service rarely be required. Plus they can easily drive 4 ohm loads all day long.

The Hafler 9130 amp I am selling is probably one of the finest small amplifiers available from any source. Its general circuit topology is similar to the DH-120, SE-120, and PRO 1200. It is a proven, stable design. Plus it is very similar to the Musical Concepts PA-3 circuit and has a sound that blends very well with an MC modified amplifier.

Attachments

• rear-small.jpg
    rear-small.jpg
    77.4 KB · Views: 481
Part of the reason for its superior sound is the careful attention paid to its passive parts used. Many of its

small film caps are made of Polypropolene and all resistors are 1% metal film devices. Check the parts lists

for the other amps I mentioned and you can appreciate why this is the top of the line of Hafler amps in its

category.

It can be bridged and has volume controls mounted on the front face plate. And, it has a soft turn on/off circuit

and is thermally protected. Plus, it has a selector switch for either 110 or 220 volt AC service.

This amp's exterior is in 9+ condition. It has been babied in a smoke-free environment. You will not find a

better example of value in a "like new" amplifier that has 65 watts per channel of clear, clean sound. All

operating parameters have been checked by a competant technician and they are up to factory standards.

Original user manual is included.

It could be a perfect gift for a college student who wants a simple and easy to transport music system. A CD

player can be plugged directly into the amp and then the volume of each channel can be conveniently set

from the front panel.

Price is $130 plus standard flat rate shipping via UPS of $20. It will be carefully double-boxed and will not

arrive DOA.

Let me know of your interest.

Attachments

• front-small.jpg
    front-small.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 580
Bump!

The 9130 has a sweet, refined sound and on small groups or ensembles with fairly efficient speakers it gives a very good "you are there" experience. For example, with my 3-way speakers the Diana Krall "Live in Paris" really shines.

The Hafler Series 9130 is one of the nicest sounding solid state amps. Its parts list has been improved from its earlier DH-120 cousin with lots of polypropylene film caps. It has a refined, clean sound that is hard to beat. Although only 60 watts per channel it sounds more powerful and will easily drive 4 ohm loads. It can be bridged to provide 150 watts of mono power into an 8 ohm load.

The Hafler 9130 usually sells for $140-$200. Here is an example of one recent sale:
http://cgi.ebay.com/hafler-9130-mos...833639422QQcategoryZ39783QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

For my hafler 9130 I am asking $130 + $20 shipping. It is in a like new condition.

You can see I am asking less to move this beauty without the hassle of an eBay auction. I pack very carefully and will ship via UPS with a tracking number provided.

PayPal is preferred.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.