Need help with CS5389-KP

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have a problem regarding a Crystal semiconductor type CS5389-KP...and really need some help/ advices

I have an audioprosessor where one of this is broken :bawling: , and this IC seems impossible to get hold of...

Anyone know where to get a couple of this IC('s) ?

Anyone know where to get the data sheet ? (need this if I should try to make a replacement).

Is there anyone that knows of another IC that could be used instead of this problematic CS5389-KP ?

Lyra

rfbrw said:
Why not save yourself the pain of dealing with scalpers. Just stick a more recent ADC on a daughter board and be done with it.

That was one of my thougts too, but to be able to do this I "must" have the data sheet regarding the original IC.
I could of course do some backwards engineering regarding the layout of my defect audio equipment, but this would be a lot more time comsuming....at least I think that !?

But if the CS5390-KP is pin to pin compatible the possibility to find a data sheet should increase a lot ? ...or

If anyone know where to find this, please let me know...

Thanks in advance.
Lyra

Still no hits on this...

Hi....
I am still in the need of some assitance here...please :xeye:

Have been searching for this component for some time now.
There might be some CS5390-KP available, but according too the producer of the audio equipment (Lexicon), this chip would't work. They had already tried it...it got warm, but no sound.:bawling:
Maybe not so strange since the format on the serial output is 20bit words instead of 18 bit words !?

This side of the digital world is rather new too me...I have only been teoretical involved in DA converters and I2S in the past, and I am afraid I don't have the nessesary basic knowlege too pick out the right chip to make a replacement "chip"...

Any suggestions where to begin, and what to look for ?
I have mailed Crystal (Cirrus) and asked for the schematic regarding CS5389-KP. I think this would/could make the "convert" a little bit easier !?

Lyra...

Finally !?

Now it look like the major problems are solved , but there is one little problem that might cause me some problems...
It looks like the original CS5389-KP AD-converter don't use the "raw" clock-signal, so I'll have to pick this up somewhere else inside the equipment...

And here is the question...how long can the wire transporting the (aprox 12Mhz) clock signal be, and is there any precaucions I should take to avoiding problems when I hardwire the clock-signal to a "new" place ?

Lyra

(I would like to thank peranders for supplying a pdf file of the CS5389-KP datasheet.)

mobyd said:

The CS5390 (AK5390) will work just fine where a CS5389 (AK5389) used to be - I just tried it (in a Lexicon PCM80) and it worked !.
M

I've been away for some time....at least from this problem :)
This was really nice information...and the AK5389 just might be still available !?, and this would probably be the best bet...right !??
What manufacturer is behind AK... ?
Is this completely the same IC ??

Regards
Lyra

Lyra said:

I've been away for some time....at least from this problem :)
This was really nice information...and the AK5389 just might be still available !?, and this would probably be the best bet...right !??
What manufacturer is behind AK... ?
Is this completely the same IC ??

Regards
Lyra

AK = Asahi Kasei(Japan) CS = Crystal Semiconductor(USA)
They make identical chips with different prefixes
Nicest sounding converters on the market (IMHO).
(I suspect the same foundry)
cheers
Mike

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.