New TL subs

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hooha said:

What driver is that?

Mark

MCM 55-1480 ...about $30 (£18) :D

Despite being a cheapo, it works well

Bass is fast and deep. One song hit about 20Hz at one point. Very impressive performance for such a cheap driver

Things I need to do

1. Figure out why one sub sounds slightly different to the other (probably a placement issue, or a difference between the drivers)

2. Put stuffing in the TL. At the moment there's nothing, despite this it isn't boomy at all.

3. Finish my active XO to integrate them properly. They're running full range at the moment, with just the tweeters of the bookshelf speakers wired up in parallel! As horrific as it sounds, it doesn't sound too bad

bigwill said:
1. Figure out why one sub sounds slightly different to the other (probably a placement issue, or a difference between the drivers)

Easy way to check at this early stage would be to swap them around - this will determine if its a placement issue.

2. Put stuffing in the TL. At the moment there's nothing, despite this it isn't boomy at all.

No surprise there...

3. Finish my active XO to integrate them properly. They're running full range at the moment, with just the tweeters of the bookshelf speakers wired up in parallel! As horrific as it sounds, it doesn't sound too bad

FULL RANGE??!! OMG!! :eek:

;)

Mark

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.