• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

More Hakko 929 Stations for sale

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I still have a bunch of Hakko soldering equipment taking up space at my house, and I'd like to get rid of it.
Here's what I have:
929 Stations - These are in good condition and work great, and are in fair cosmetic condition.
903 Irons - OK Condition. NO TIPS! The grips on these are worn, but otherwise they are ok.
631 Iron Cradles - These hold the above irons. They are in fair cosmetic condition.

You can download a manual for the station at http://www.hakkousa.com/techDoc/Manuals/929-2.pdf.

Again, these do not include tips. This means you will need to buy a tip before you can use your station. I believe they cost around $22. The heating element is integrated into the tip, so you are essentially buying an iron when you buy the tip. The tips are expensive, but they last a long time.

I'm selling a setup that includes on of each of the above items. The cost is $40 shipped in the CONUS. I'll ship other places as well, just email me to discuss shipping. If you'd like to purchase one, send an email to damon@damonpip.com. Please include the word "Hakko" or "diyaudio" in the title so that my spam filter does not delete your email.

Peter, I sent an email to that company to see what they have available. I'm certainly willing to buy some tips if they have them at a good price.

Also, I forgot to mention that I am also including a laminated copy of the kaycard for the stations. It is not the original, but it works perfectly.

I ordered just the Hakko 631 iron holder from Damon (since I already have the 929), which arrived today. Nicely packed, Priority Mail. I might be up for some tips as well.

For anybody sitting on the fence, the Hakko 929 is a great soldering station.

I recieved my Hakko from damonpip last week and started searching around for tips. I found that at electrowise they have the whole assortment of tips for $21.57 + shipping. No minimum, no fuss, no muss. I got mine yesterday and the station works like a charm. Here is the link to the Hakko tip page.

http://www.electrowisehsv.com/cms/?page_id=236

These are very nice units. I have rellegated my old weller iron to the garage for dirty use only after using this thing just once. What a difference.

DaveM

The tip for the 903 iron is an integrated heating element and tip. From what I read in their literature it was designed to tie the thermal mass of the entire element directly to the tip for better responce and efficiency. So on the link I posted you will find tips for 903 irons that sell for about $22 + ship. These are inegrated heating elements and tips and screw into the handle you have.

Dave:)

Then why does this guy sell 10 tips for US$15 + ship?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=57012&item=7508888015&rd=1&ssPageName=WDVW

43_1_b.JPG

Do they not fit the 903 iron?

Thats right. Those tips are for the newer units and will not work with the 903.

I guess Hakko decided that the expensive replacement tips were not the way to go. It may also be part of why these units are available at the prices they are. In a prudiction environment the high cost of tips would make other soldering stations more cost effective. But to the the hobbyist the low cost of the base makes the more expensive tips a worthwhile tradeoff. Especially if you consider the performance of the unit.

Dave

diyAudio Editor
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Oops, forgot to write and say I got my station. It was packed ridiculously well. It works great. It was better than described.

A Scotch-Brite sponge- 4.5"x 2.7" (the kind with the scratchy stuff on the back) with one cut of a razor knife fits perfectly in the big well of the holder. the non-stick safe kind is probably easier to cut

Thanks Damon, I never dreamed I'd have a Hakko workstation a year ago. (Admittedly I didn't even know the name Hakko ;) )
Now i'm so :cool:

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.