The Diy17-hdtv projector

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi everybody I'm newbie in this forum but have much time in this area.

This is my projector and these are my tests of initial results

Visit my web from Spain:Web de Diyeitor17

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

My config:
Long trhow lens kit from Diylabs: 135 mm triplet lens, 2 fresnels 15,5" 330 mm focal lenght
tft 17" lg1730s
osram hqi-t 400w n/si 3800º k :rolleyes: :D

These results are provisional. I still lack to finish the box and to place the reflector. To paint the interior and to place fans. The projeccion screen is not placed. The wall is lightly darker, it is not white.

The projection distance is 3,5 meters and the horizontal screen's size is 2,4 meters

More pics from provisional settings. They are been still in phase alpha

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Dark scenes from Van Helsing :bawling:

:eek:

HDTV full screen uohhhhh awesome :D

Detail macro

:wink:

One question, I'm looking for a good reflector. What reflector do you recommend me?

Have I seen the norpro bowl, how's it going is it?

minoten said:
Diyeitor,

NICE setup! I love the close up pictures of the desktop.

Did you experience any problems with the fresnels not focusing with your long throw lens? I have heard that the fresnels dont match and it requires some tweaking. Did you get blurry corners?

HI minoten,

Yes :( , that is what happens to me, I am not able to focus the corners, something distorted are come and blurred. Should it be for the fresnels, some solution?

Your picture still looks very watchable though, am I correct?

I am told that the blurry corners would be caused by the fact that the Triplet requires a 380mm fresnel, and all DIYProjectorcompany has is a 330mm fresnel. Alan said you can bend the light and make it work by putting the fresnels closer to the light source...have you tried that yet?

I ordered the same optics setup as you, so hopefully I will be able to do some of my own testing soon. If it doesnt work out I know that someone offers professional 400mm fresnels for around $120 bucks or so...

If you always get blurry corners no matter what you do I cant imagine why alan would still be selling these...and guaranteeing that they work...

Minoten, the effect is not too visible but if you observe well it is noticed. Yes, I proved what Adam recommended and the only thing that makes is to adjust the sheaf of light so that it focuses everything in the lens, but it continues staying that not focussed that follows the area of the corners forming a circular area of the lens. All that this outside of her appears projected but without focused.

I also think the same thing that you. The solution is in putting a second fresnel lens of bigger focal but here in Spain those models are not sold.

I have tried to make many tests. One of them was to curve the fresnell for the center and it was able to win more brightness in the corners but I am not able to remove that not focused area. If I look through the objective toward the tft, what I see is that the corners appear lightly missing from my point of view. I have thought that it could be this the cause.

But I have made tests before mounting the projector focusing with the lens a 19" monitor, without the fresnell and everything was seen perfectly.:xeye:

Definitively, the fresnel lenses are affecting in some way to the focus of the corners

Alan doesn't say anything on this, but I know that it has been debated on using fresnell of more focal lenght in his web.:smash:

Minoten, I will make some pictures on this so that you see what I tell you.

As I promised, the images are here:

Detail of the corners. the fresnels is not optimized and this is that the lens makes when doesn't have enough field of vision:

another shots from the superior central area:

And these they are images of Terminator 3 HDDVD (1280x720) for the fans of this saga. Wow, amazing

And finally Need for speed II hot pursuit.

Playing at 1280x1024 fullscreen

I hope you have liked. I am happy and happy....but it can even improve. when my optic reflector arrives me and get a fresnel of bigger focal.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.