Need speakers!!!!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Five identical speakers for £80? Your best bet would be to build them, if you have the tools and access to decent drivers. Hopefully a kind member from the UK can point you to a decent full range driver.

There are a lot of wise people here who have shared their designs....

dooper

I have managed to scavange a few sets of speakers to do me for now. I think what i will do is build myself a new set, like sugested before:cannotbe: but i'll just have to do some studying in between some speaker bodging.

Anyway i have only built a sub before and that was was only using the one driver and no fancy work at all, just a box and a driver and i take it you need to think about luodspeakers design a bit more to get the right quality sound from them. Does anyone have any designs they are willing to share with me and won't be that hard for me to bodge in the garage in my spare time? Also what would be the best "cheap" drivers to use?

Another thing i don't know much about is making up circuits e.g. for getting the 2 drivers and the tweeter to work together in a centre speaker.

Thanks for the help so far and any more in advance

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.