PCB based invert 3886 chipamp assembly and comments

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
this thread is build for talking about 3886inv gainclone and assembling.any suggestion is welcomed.
feel free to post your finished gc.

Series PCB design tips:
AN-1192
BPA200 Application Note
LM3886 DATA SHEET
LM338 regulator
LT108* DATA SHEET
DRV134 DATA SHEET
and,much information comes from Chip Amps forum,thanks everybody:)

Pcb boards detail:
BLD driver
Regulaotr power supply
LM3886 INV AMP
The size of these three PCBs is totally the same,I like the layout style of tight & compact pattern.I think this way is mentality of designing of GAINCARD too.
I have not designed the unregulated power supply PCB.
If you want to assemble a PCB based unregulator igc,there are two very good unregulator pcb design:
BrianGT's rectifier PCB
peranders ultra fast rectifier bridge
bigparsnip's ultra fast rectifier bridge

cheers
digi

3886igc and regulator psu connections.

Attachments

• power connections.gif
    power connections.gif
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,233
The file releasing:cool: attached zip package includes 3886igc +regulator+BLDdriver,gerber output files and nc drill output files.
for gerber viewer,
I recommend CAMtastic,the CAMtastic DXP free viewer supports a wide range of import formats, including ODB++ and Gerber viewer...
url:http://www.altium.com/camtastic/downloads/viewer_rego.asp

enjoys
digi

Attachments

• digi01-gc-pcb.zip
    89.7 KB · Views: 343
digi

On the 3886 IGC is there any reason why you couldn’t use a 1k/22k or a 620R/20k (for higher gain) resistor combination instead of the 10k/220k combination you specify? Would you need to change the size of the 4.7uf input capacitor if you did use the lower value resistor combinations?

Out of curiosity what is the cost of the heatsinks, size, and what do they weight? Do you know what shipping would be to the states? I would like to get some balanced line driver and regulator boards (if still available) and could use the heatsinks if not too expensive.

Thank you
Jim

Hi Jim,

JimD said:
digi
On the 3886 IGC is there any reason why you couldn’t use a 1k/22k or a 620R/20k (for higher gain) resistor combination instead of the 10k/220k combination you specify? Would you need to change the size of the 4.7uf input capacitor if you did use the lower value resistor combinations?

Because the combination of the small resistors,will reduce the input impedance.then the amp input should be driven by a low impedance source such as an op amp or buffer.here is some discuss:
url, http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=322850#post322850

BTW,for a small resistors 3886 igc,
P-A has a wonderful design ;)the famous industry QRP-02 gainclone.
url, http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/hifi/qrp02/index.html

Out of curiosity what is the cost of the heatsinks, size, and what do they weight? Do you know what shipping would be to the states? I would like to get some balanced line driver and regulator boards (if still available) and could use the heatsinks if not too expensive.

the price is $3USD per one,80x138x40(mm).the weight is 0.8kg(approx)...
YGPM:)

digi

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.