BosoZ rebuild.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have been doing a major rebuilding of my preamp.
Since I wanted to listen to some vinyl albums again, I had to
have a RIAA preamp integrated in my system. I just had to make
the Pearl. I am a big Pass fan, so the choice was easy;)
I really didn't want two more chassis's to fit in, so I decided to
pull out the PSU of my BosoZ and build the Pearl into my exsisting
preamp, and make one chassis for the PSU's. I had a Rega Planar 3 (old model) from one of my friends. I have to make a dinner for it, for him and his gierlfriend. I cook Jamie Oliver style and they love it ;) That has got to be cheap! Well, it is a big pleasure to listen to some of my old Beatles albums again. As you can see my preamp chassis has been through a few rebuildings! I hate to think of the day it is worn out:bawling: All in all I am satisfied.
Except I have to work a bit on the grounding of the turntable.
I can here hum when I touch the pickuparm!
Thanks to Nelson, Wayne and Karen. Great stuff!
Here is a pic of my old trusty preamp.

Steen.

Attachments

• top_small.jpg
    top_small.jpg
    72.2 KB · Views: 1,234
Thanks for the kind words!
For supply wiring I used the same kabel as for the supply cabel.
Just stripped of the outer insulation and used the leads with the same colours
for inside wiring as for the supply cabel. You really have to keep track of the pin numbers on this one!
For signals I used OFC copper, silver plated wire.

Steen.

Thanks Stabist.
I did put some effort into making the wiring come out cleanly!
Not being fond of birdsnest's;) In hifi equipment that is!
I have a pic of the back of the supply unit. You will see AC inlet, fuseholder, and two D-sub connectors. One for BosoZ/Pearl and one for the headphone amp.
In danger of being occused of blasphemi on this forum, it is in fact the Death of Zen Headphone amp:xeye:

Steen.

Attachments

• preamp_psu_bag.jpg
    preamp_psu_bag.jpg
    32.2 KB · Views: 902
My poweramp is the Zapsolute mark 4.1.
2*50 watt's class A. Lars Clausens construction.
Sounds absolutely great. Sanken output transistors.
240.000 uF capacitans in the psu. It is on sale right now,
a real bargain! See this page:
http://www.lcaudio.dk/zap.htm
I couldn't resist taking off the lid on that one, so here is a pic.
Really neat if you ask me:) WBT connectors and so on!

Steen.

Attachments

• zap_top_small.jpg
    zap_top_small.jpg
    84.8 KB · Views: 928
Have a look, Gent's

Yeah right, Rovsing. You touch a sensitive spot there!!!
My preamp chassis and I go a long way back. I had this Yamaha preamp back in '82 or something like that. I know it will soon be filed and drilled to death:bawling: So this is a rather sentimental relationship I have with this. I am sure you all know what I mean, don't you?? Should I hope that this is the last rebuild of this one?
I am realistic, so I propobly shouldn't;) I must mention though, that the two big holes in the back are for XLR connectors, so I prepared a bit for running balanced:bigeyes:
By the way I happen to have a pic of the Yamaha before it was stripped for all the guts:) In case you care to have a look at some vintage equipment! A lot of pcb if you ask me:rolleyes:
I like the shielded transformer! It sits on my shelf, waiting to be put to use once again:)

Steen.

Attachments

• yamaha_c50.jpg
    yamaha_c50.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 417
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.