Cerafine vs. Muse vs. Pana FC?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That is:

• Elna Cerafine
  • Nichicon Muse (let's say KZ series)
  • Panasonic FC

(I doubt it but...) Is there a (perceived) consensus as to which of these is best. For let's say power supply of a headphone amp, for instance.

More to the point: What are folks opinions based on experience?

I wonder because Panasonics are available from DigiKey but seem to have a more 'mundane' reputation, whereas Muse and Cerafine seem to have a more hi-end 'boutique' reputation. Even though Muse cost around the same as Panasonic. Cerafine seem to be around 3 or 4 times a$ much, but still not stratospheric.

Thanks!

Peace,
Sanaka

hacknet said:
i`m a fan of the P FCs.. they are quite good in most aspects. i`ve put them in digital power supplies with good results too.

as in u have tried all 3 of them and done a comparison and derive at the outcome that the Panasonics beats the rest? what kind of digital supply u used them in?

would appreciate more details of your findings in terms of differences in sonic qualities or any measurements taken that justify for your conclusion.

FCs are better than Cerafines. A lot of us think that they aren't so hot.

Don't like any of the "Kahn Brothers" caps either, although there may be a few decent ones.

I usually rip any of those brands out, and replace with a Panasonic, as much as I cringe giving them money.

Black Gates for the same price???? No way.................

Jocko

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.