250w lilliput project with pics

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hey all, after readin these post for over 6 months i couldnt wait to build my own, inspired by ACE, it took me about 1 month to get all my parts, once i got them all i built the thing in 2 days, there is still couple of little things i need to do, but it works as you will see,

i used-

250w HQI KIT
7" XGA Lilliput

and from ACE

Condensor 80mm
Split Fresnals, 210, 310
240mm Fuji copy lens,

and he also made me the light box, and what superb worksmanship it is, you the man ace,

i used wood for the base, and 5mm perspex for the casing, all of which i sprayed Matt black,

Attachments

• 100_0774.jpg
    100_0774.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 6,641
RESULTS, first test,

the pic here doesnt look as bright as the actual thing, i've used a digital camera, you can notice its a bit darker on the left, this is because the mirror was a bit off, that has ben fixed now, i'm gonna take another one later today, and mess with the camera settings, because this comes out a bit dim,

i can assure you, the coulours and brightness are unbeleivable, keep an eye out, and i'll get some more pics, cheeers,

the image is 6ft across, so its massive, absolutley massive,

Attachments

• 100_0798.jpg
    100_0798.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 3,793
ok people, i've got the settings on my camera sorted, and tweaked the mirror a bit as it was a tiny bit out, making one side of the screen slightly darker than the other,

dont be fooled by the size of the image, the screen size is 6ft wide, has a diagnal reading of 198" inches, MASSIVE,

i built it at my office, and tested it on the wall, i got an image of about 15ft wide which is absolutley massive, so its a beast man, and i'm so glad i made it, i recommend it to EVERYONE :)

enjoy, i've still got to make the roof for the projector so i will post pics of it when its done, i'm in the process of placing 2 cpu heatinks with fans on the light box to cool it down,

Attachments

• 100_0869.jpg
    100_0869.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 3,822
ok last pic for now people, ALIENS VS PREDATOR i for got to pause it when i took it so its a bit out of focus, enjoy, the only problem with these things is when you get a widescreen, its hard to stretch, i use VLC player, in which you can drag rar or zip files in and watch them, there is also an extended GUi setting which allows you to stretch to 4:3,

unfortunatly it doesnt work with all movies, and the lilliput being a widescreen anyway, when its at 4:3 its at its best, if anyone knows any soft i can use to stretch it without changing the resolution please let me know,

thanks, i'll post finished results soon,

:devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr: :devilr:

Attachments

• 100_0885.jpg
    100_0885.jpg
    23.4 KB · Views: 3,281
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.