LM3886 car clone

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I built an LM3886 based amp for my house and loved it, so I wanted to do the same for the car. So here's my "car clone" the donor amp was a Crossfire tek 35.4 (not exactly good sounding, and mine was broken) voltage rails are +/-28 to 29v depending on battery voltage, and the amp was capable of around 220-280w rms total so it should do nicely with 4 LM3886 @ 4 ohms..

Attachments

• cc3.jpg
    cc3.jpg
    65.6 KB · Views: 985
jjdche, I'd go for it.. I got lucky and the power supply ends and the amp begins all in a pretty clear line, so the cut was easy.. I'm sure other amps wouldn't be so easy.
palesha, it's actually 4 individual channels (to run front and rear speakers in a car) the schematic is one I found on this site (inverting gainclone) and works very well, it's actually for an lm3875 but I just used the "mute" circuit from the national data sheet. there's no volume control because my car cd player has one so it's not needed. I didn't use pcb because I'm just playing around, when I find the schematic I like best (tried 3 now, deciding between 2 of them) I might go with pcb's later on. if you have anymore questions (or suggestions) don't hesitate to ask (advise) I'm still learning, but it's nice this is a fun and fairly inexpensive hobby to do so..

Hey rwaudio I know this is a real old post and if you ever see this reply post I would like to talk to you about the amp and how you cut the board in half for the power supply to use. I have never in my life seen something like that ever done and especialy work.
Two BIG thumbs up brother. But please I need to talk to you about this so I hope you get this. I'm a new member so I can't
e-mail you until I do some more posting. Contact me thru this site or I'd rather you e-mail me. Great job!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.