Project to best use these transformers?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just aquired 2 toroidal xformers that aren't quite what I expected. So I'm looking for ideas on how to best put them to use.

Specs: dual primaries 115V, sec. 20V 10A and 118V 13A. They're huge!!!!!!! Something like 8" diam, 5" tall, very heavy (30 lbs?).

Obviously a preamp supply is overkill. Maybe an Aleph power amp? Or for something like a power filter/conditioner for several components? My concern is the lack of center tapped secondaries -- could I use them in reverse?

thanks in advance and have fun with the suggestions! Remeber I have 2 of these beasts.

rif

Joined 2003
Paid Member
OK, thanks for the clarification. I'm somewhat new to this.

Either way though, the 2nd secondary doesn't seem to give much more -- the 1st sec. is already 118V at 13 amps. Wiriing in series would give me 138V, 10amps (by the book, but probably another amp or 2 as you say).

Any specific recommendations for an amp? One of the Alephs or Zens maybe? I don't know of many others besides those.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.