• These commercial threads are for private transactions. diyAudio.com provides these forums for the convenience of our members, but makes no warranty nor assumes any responsibility. We do not vet any members, use of this facility is at your own risk. Customers can post any issues in those threads as long as it is done in a civil manner. All diyAudio rules about conduct apply and will be enforced.

CDROM control kit

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
With this board you can control cdrom basic functions for using it as a drive...
Price for the assembled kit is 39 Euro.
See http://www.rockna-line.com/cdrom.htm for orders & questions..

Attachments

• ide_2.jpg
    ide_2.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 2,532
This does look quite interesting, may also be intrested in gettting my hands on one. One thing I would quite like to see (almost the same as andrea), is a version which has not been fully assembled, so that it would be easier to mount the switches off board (however, I would still prefer to have all of the parts included to save me having to find the bits that fit).

Also, I take it that any 2 X 16 dot matirx display with a HD44780 control chip will work with this, so that a vacume flurescent display could be used in place of an LCD type?

Andrew.

Edit:

Almost forgot, the extra features that can be controled by IR remote seem quite nice, is there a reciever on the board to pick up the signals, or would you need a seperate part to do this? (this would be another thing that would be great off the board if it is included)

The circuit works with any Philips cd-player remote control or compatible, including the remote from cd-pro2. You can control the following functions:
- PLAY/STOP/PAUSE/SKIP/SEARCH/REPEAT/RANDOM
- 2 SEARCH MODES (NORMAL/FAST)
- 2 REPEAT MODES
- DIRECT TRACK ACCESS
- 4 MODES TIME DISPLAY
- STANDBY FUNCTION
The PSU for the cd-rom unit is included on the board, so you only need the AC source.
Tested on following units:
PLEXTOR PX-54 TA
TEAC CD-552E
TEAC CD-W540E (writer)
BTC BCD40SB
LG GCE-8520E (writer)
ASUS CDS520
The shipping anywhere in the world is max. 10 Euro.

Attachments

• ide_5.jpg
    ide_5.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 2,141
if someone would like

to help me advising me what lcd screen I can buy for this, I can go ahead and order this controller.

I think it will be nice when I use the same type of enclosure as my latest gc enclosure from Par-metal.

Can I find something at goldmine or all electronics(their item lcd-87 or their LCD-83 ???) without changin too much?

J-P

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.