DOZ smoking?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Lucky you Ive never had one before I dont think.:D
Now the hard part, fixing it:xeye:
If you have used a PCB design thats proven to work and we know the amp design does, then check for any brakes in the copper, or see if any solder is accidentally touching where it shouldnt. I hope thats right, in that a faulty PCB could cause oscils, im not entirely sure.

I have encountered the same problem with R10 smoking and burning to a crisp. The other channel works fine and is able to bias properly.

Does anyone know why? I have checked for broken tracks on the PCB and wire connections and they're all good. Any solution or insight would be helpful.

Regards

What i did was to put a 100uF cap over ve+ and gnd at the pcb. This did still not fix the issue. I also shorted the input. After this i got it to work. I know i have a issue with my powersupply leads but this will get fixed as soon as i get my enclousure parts. I also read that twisting the leads from the transistor to pcb should help, especially when using MJ15003 transistor. Hope this helps.

By shorting the input i mean connecting input to gnd. Apparantly we've got oscillations. So please check that your psu wires are not longer than needed and that they are thick enough. When i get my enclousure parts, and while assembling i will twist the wires from the transistors to the pcb. Mine are approx 10cm long.

I still need to find a inrush currentlimiter solution, getting tired of changing the main fuses......

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.