Power Opamp Chips in Commercial Products

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello to everybody,

I am not sure if this has been discussed before, but I would like to get a "complete list" of opamp chips used in commercial products. Maybe this can be good for evaluation of typical sound of a chip. And for getting material cheaply (by fleecing old equipment). Or for knowing what money a DIYer saved or what time he wasted ...

In Germany, the TDA7293 is very popular in commercial DIY products (single and triple parallel):
> UB-elektronic HiAmp100 www.ub-elektronik.de
(single, schematics, pcb available)
> Elektor Magazine (single)
> Newtronics Amp 7293 www.newtronics.de (triple)
> Hoer-wege Amp1 www.hoer-wege.de (triple)

All of those use large torodial transformers and large filter capacities.

LM3886
> ELV www.elv.de (single, standard circuit, electrolytics in signal path ...) Really cheap (25 Euros for DIYers parts and pcb excluding PS)

It is known that Linn uses three TDA7293 in their 2250 power amp (but not in the Klimax).
nORh (right spelling) uses one TDA7293 in their Le Amp

The Gaincard as the father of the Gainclones uses one LM3975(?)

Then there are numerous subwoofer amps using TDA7293 etc.;

Does anybody know of cheap or expensive products using these chips? (Like certain car power amps, active computer speakers, esotheric high-end gear...)

Looking forward to a large list ...

Cheers
Christian.

OPA541AM

This seems a nice thread to post a question about the OPA541AM.

Which commercial amplifier uses this (US$ 80 / each) power opamp? The price must be in the "High End" range (take 2 units = US$ 160,00, multiply by 5, a common factor used by commercial manufacturers, and you get US$ 800,00 just in the opamp´s...)

matjans said:
hi,

Somewhere on this forum I read that National manufactured a special 5-pin package of the lm3875 for Sony but I have no clue in which system(s) they use it.

tried searching for it but it gave too many results...

National sells them basically anyway you want it seems but it is very hard to find when looking at the specific part. An example would be LM3886 LB14 which is the LM3886 but flat mount.

http://www.national.com/ms/TO/TO_220_LEADBEND_OPTIONS.pdf

Re: OPA541AM

ErikdeBest said:
Which commercial amplifier uses this (US$ 80 / each) power opamp?

Am aware that Kevin Gilmore recommends the use of the OPA541 in a high current ultra regulator circuit mentioned here:
http://www4.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?s=&postid=537045&highlight=OPA541#post537045

As a replacement of the OPA548s in figure 3 here:
http://headwize2.powerpill.org/projects/showproj.php?file=gilmore3_prj.htm

He doesn't like op-amps in the signal path. However, op-amps are okay for power supply circuitry : ).

(Okay, I'm leaving now.)

JF

The following active monitors use chip amps (per speaker).

These are the ones I know the ICs being used.
Yorkville YSM1p: 2 x LM3886
Alesis M1: LM3886/LM2876
M-Audio BX-8: 2 x LM3886

I believe these ones use chips but I don't know the ICs
Genelecs (but I don't know which small ones
KRK V-series
Mackie HR-series and Tapco models
JBL LSR-series
Tannoy Ellipse (super tweeter only)

:)ensen.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.