Mark Levinson Display and Potentiometer

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Does anyone know where I could find a mark levinson 38 preamp display and control the display control board? And the potentiometer? If someone have the schematics for those two module it could help me alot or if someone have any idea of how it works please contact me.

Thanks

How to operate it?

In fact the display is not that important. I only want for now to be able to use the preamp and to do so I need to know how the 9 pin connector work ( 1 row of 4 pins and one of 5 ) to be able to select a source , use the stand-by button and use the potentiometer. But I have no idea of how does this beast works and how to know it...

So if any of you have any idea.

Yes if you could take a closer look that would definitely help me Holger :)

Do you have any idea of the pinout of the display and control that is one the board? And do you know what type of rotary encoder would work best for the potentiometer.

I dont know if it will be hard to make it work but it is indeed really instructive.

I posted a mail to mark levinson to know if the could send me a copy of the schematics of the ML 38 preamp and they never replied (not even to tell me no)

Mr Daniel

Mr Daniel,

is that the same Mark Levinson who is selling the Korsun (a cheap chinese amp = about 1650 rmby - $200) for $1600 and more while changing the name into Red Rose and ONE part inside ? And don't tell me I'm wrong, I had this amp shipped to me in the beginning of this year through a friend of mine who lives in Guangho and I bought and returned a Red Rose through Amazon.com !!!!!!!
It was in my place just long enough to see if they were identical (and they were!!!!!!! beeeuuuuuuuhhhhh!)
I think he changed the name into Red Rose and the rest is sad history for High End equipment.
Except for writing this story, I hate these practices so much that I even insisted that the Lexus dealer remove the radio from my wife's car (a Levinson product)
I call it despicable sales practices

Jean-Pierre

Re: Mr Daniel

uvodee said:
Mr Daniel,

is that the same Mark Levinson who is selling the Korsun (a cheap chinese amp = about 1650 rmby - $200) for $1600 and more while changing the name into Red Rose and ONE part inside ? And don't tell me I'm wrong, I had this amp shipped to me in the beginning of this year through a friend of mine who lives in Guangho and I bought and returned a Red Rose through Amazon.com !!!!!!!
It was in my place just long enough to see if they were identical (and they were!!!!!!! beeeuuuuuuuhhhhh!)
I think he changed the name into Red Rose and the rest is sad history for High End equipment.
Except for writing this story, I hate these practices so much that I even insisted that the Lexus dealer remove the radio from my wife's car (a Levinson product)
I call it despicable sales practices

Jean-Pierre

It is not the same company. Mark Levinson equipment is sold by Madrigal which is totaly different from Red Rose. Only the man's name linking those two companys is the same.

dismalonyx said:
I actually bought this board from Singapore at : http://www.zenn.com.sg/mark_levinson_parts.htm
they said that they bought a ML bankrupt balance stock
and they had other nice item like a 30.5 board (with no power supply GLUP!?!)

Well they sold alot of these board... They must be someone like me somewhere trying to make this beast work...

AHHHH.....:confused: :smash: :hot:

Your best bet is finding an authorized ML dealer, tell them what you got and ask for a schematic. Without schematic you might not be able to use all the features on your board. How much was shipping? Seems like a very good deal, but without schematic and some additional parts it may be quite useless.

After contemplating for a while, I decided to get myself one of those boards as well. Where can you get almost complete, top notch preamp for $145?;)

When I receive the board, I will contact my local ML dealer (Bracks) and try to get schematic form them. From what I noticed so far, it's just needed for buttons logic and encoder type/ connection.

I can only regret I've found this place too late. A complete 36S DAC has been sold already too, for $300 :bigeyes:

Yeah! That`s what I figurated out! I almost bought for myself the 30.5 DAC board, but there was no power supply and after a second tought I didnt bought it because of the complexity of bulding a ML reference power supply clone...

Peter: If you are able to get your hand of the schematics I would really apreciate if you could help me with this one ;)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.