Need help on x-over formula

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Thanks

Thank's for the file.

I'm trying to analyze crossover circuit that is not one of those popular arrangements, and I need the basic formula used to build those formulas. Yes, in fact the circuit can be analyzed using a combination of formulas used in the calculation of L-Pad, notch, zobel, etc. It is a few simple formula for RLC circuit. And I need also the related theories such as how and why a signal can be lagged behind across an inductor, and so on and so on... (Uh, I found that theoritical knowledge like in a text book cannot easily be found on the net. A search always bring to Amazon.com!)

1. With common first and second order (HP) filter, what is the difference (even microscopic) if I put the capacitor in the (-) and not in the (+)!

2. Why a phase difference between T and W should have to be solved by slanting speaker, which is not practical?

IF you want to learn crossovers, first you need to learn circuit analysis. There are no general formulas for the type of thing you want to answer.

Changing the location of the components to the - side has no effect except on absolute polarity. The + and - are really only relative in an AC circuit. AC means current goes both ways.

I don't understand question 2. In most cases, phase matters not at all as long as the summed response is flat. People trying to time align and make transient perfect designs have a "magazine-transmitted" disease that has no basis in acoustic reality. It is an engineering goal, not an audible one.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.