is it just me, or...

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
That's like asking someone if he's ashamed that he's black just because there are some six-toed bigots having a few beers over by the gas station. It's easy to be amused as long as you know that you can kick their @$$es without breaking a sweat. "Oooh, oooh! Hide! The Belgians are upset at us!"

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
cowanrg said:
oh, just the numerous "american bashing" threads around here...

Cowanrg,

225 years of our way of life, not always right, but not always wrong.

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

Be proud, they’re just jealous.

Rodd Yamashita

A little Kaizen, a little inspiration:

Strong words,
Kind of like, "When in the course of human events it becomes self evident that all men are created equal..."

Created by humans of great ideals. Jefferson, Hamilton and those guys were able to grasp the sum western thoughts on humanity and civilization, wrap them together, and focus them into documents addressing the unique needs and opportunities presenting the evolving nation.

These are perhaps the greatest leaders and thinkers known to our nation to date. They forged an unprecedented system of ideals, rights and opportunities. With these have come unprecedented individual and national responsibilities.

While the past success has often been countered with error, we are a nation that will continue to evolve and improve.

Its often convenient and opportunistic to snipe from within and from the outside... but much more difficult to actually face real problems and seek actual resolution, growth and achievement.

Fortunately it is the legacy of the founding documents that we will continue to choose the latter path. We will falter, and we will ere, we are humans. Inspired by the articles of constitution our destiny is that we will endure.

on another note with due respect....Bite Me....thats my motto....I stand for what I think and care for..... anyone who shows me equal respect despite race,creed or religon is what I beleive is true humanity....seize the Day and live for tomorrow and let your heart learn

DIRT®

Well Joe, this might be one of your best posts. I like it.;)

The thread American myth, was created by me, as the topic started in Moderating thread and I just took the relevant posts from there and created new thread. The title came from one of till's posts. If you, "born in the USA" guys, are offended by it, I can move it somwhere else.

its not that it offends me, its just that i cant quite grasp the relevance or reason for any of it. if there were americans going around in the forum spouting how superior we were and all that, sure, i can buy that... but for the most part, americans on this forum are quiet, and dont really say much of anything about anything other than audio...

it just comes from left field. say what you want, it wont bother me, im comfortable and proud of what/who i am.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.